• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another safety visiting Panthers (non-ex-Charger division)

Boltergeist

With all these guys coming in with the strange names, it looks like they are trying to see what every letter in the alphabet looks like on a panther jersey.....maybe they are as bored with free agency as the rest of us

I guess he'd be primarily coming into competing on special teams. Ed Reed isn't exactly young. I would think that if this guy had much potential as a safety that the Ravens would be trying to hang onto him.

I'm pretty sure Reed has been kicking around the idea of possibly retiring for the last couple of seasons.

He's not looking to be just a ST guy, hes looking to start:

Baltimore Ravens backup safety Haruki Nakamura is ready to step out of All-Pro Ed Reed's shadow and become a starter.

Nakamura is also ready to test free agency in order to do so, though he acknowledges he wouldn't mind staying a Raven.

"I would love to be back with the Ravens, but I also want the opportunity to compete for more playing time," Nakamura told the Carroll County Times on Sunday. "That’s the next step I want to take. If Baltimore were to come back and say there’s something of a guaranteed opportunity to compete for more playing time, then I would definitely be very interested.

"It’s all about opportunity, it’s not necessarily all about money. That’s what this game is about. We’ll see where that takes me."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8278829e/article/ravens-nakamura-eyes-free-agency-to-become-starter

from what I read hes a leader on ST and a solid role player

He's not looking to be just a ST guy, hes looking to start:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8278829e/article/ravens-nakamura-eyes-free-agency-to-become-starter

from what I read hes a leader on ST and a solid role player

Well fug me running, bring him on in. Best case scenario, he puts Martin's ass on the pine where it belongs. Worst case scenario, we pick up a good special teamer.

This would be a great move. Not a big name, but he's a great special teamer and at least as good as Martin at FS. I mean, how could he be worse? If nothing else we get depth in the secondary and a good ST player. Contract shouldn't be much at all either.

i'm totally happy if it's another STs ace.

very happy that they aren't overlooking this. it's been neglected for way too long.

Not to be forgotten here, Rivera has been involved with two straight teams that ranked last in the NFL in the Special Teams department. Don't think he hasn't taken serious note of that. Before he was simply a bystander, now it's in his hands. Looks like there's going to be a big turnover on ST's. It's an important move, if not flashy or full of known names. A good development in my opinion.

Archived