• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It Just Might Actually Happen...

Catalyst

If Claiborne drops to us, which I don't think he will, I would try like hell to trade back. Don't get me wrong, I think he is a great player, but trading back is our best option no matter who is at #9 simply because we need lots of talent. The FO says itself we build through the draft. Trade back, get another first or second, draft three best defensive players available in first 2 rounds.

If Claiborne drops to us, which I don't think he will, I would try like hell to trade back. Don't get me wrong, I think he is a great player, but trading back is our best option no matter who is at #9 simply because we need lots of talent. The FO says itself we build through the draft. Trade back, get another first or second, draft three best defensive players available in first 2 rounds.

This is what I hope happens. Trade back with the Cowgirls and maybe Decastro falls to there and we get him as well as an extra 2nd or 3rd and use it on Tru Johnson. Win-win.

I've been saying for weeks that it'd never EVER happen, but it just might. Free agency has fallen just the right way and team needs could conspire to actually allow Morris Claiborne to fall to us at 9th overall.

Walterfootball's latest mock has it happening and it actually makes a ton of sense. However, the whole notion is completely dependent on three things:

1. The Browns MUST pick Ryan Tannehill 4th overall. This reach would set off a chain reaction allowing the pieces to fall into place for Claiborne to slip...

2. No team picks Claiborne simply because he's the BPA. This is unlikely, IMO, as most teams these days tend to pick players based on need. The possibility remains that the Bucs take him for this reason, even though they feel they've addressed the CB position with Ronde returning, Talib still around, and Eric Wright signed. The Dolphins simply do not need a CB and wouldn't take Claiborne, IMO. The Rams just signed Cortland Finnegan and need a WR badly. The Jags also signed some guys at CB and likely prefer to go OL or WR.

3. Nobody trades up ahead of us once Claiborne begins to drop. This is the wild card. Once he makes it past the Rams a team like the Cowboys could attempt to move up and both Jax and Miami are prime teams to trade down.

If those 3 things happen - and it's very possible they do - Morris Claiborne will be a Panther at 9th overall. Way I figure:

1. Colts: Luck, QB

2. Redskins: RG3, QB

3. Vikings: Kalil, OT

4. Browns: Tannehill, QB

5. Bucs: Richardson, RB

6. Rams: Blackmon, WR

7. Jags: Reiff, OT/Floyd, WR

8. Dolphins: Coples, DE/Ingram, DE/Reiff, OT

9. Panthers: Jack-fuging-pot!

Or something like that. I'm actually optimistic now about the chance of this happening. Never thought he'd make it out of the top-5, but things have come together so perfectly it just might be on the verge of happening.

Wake up you are dreaming

Archived