• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patrick Willis Responds To Jon Beason's Comments About Alex Smith

Brokenbad

“I could absolutely care less on yards per game,” Smith said. “I think that is a totally overblown stat because if you’re losing games in the second half, guess what, you’re like the Carolina Panthers and you’re going no-huddle the entire second half. Yeah, Cam Newton threw for a lot of 300-yard games. That’s great. You’re not winning, though.”

http://blog.sfgate.c...are-for-losers/

Actually he did, he took a shot at Newton. Also he trolled the Panthers. We weren't playing catch up every game in the 4th let alone the whole 2nd half, as we held 4th quarter leads in several of our losses. Smith state below also-

“We’re up in the third and fourth quarter and naturally you’re going to be in four-minute offense,” Smith said. “You’re going to be grinding it out. You’re going to be running the ball a lot more and you’re not going to have as many 300-yard passing games.”

Smith mixed in facts with false statements to make him not look bad, because his ego took a hit when his HC went after Manning.

I can see your point. I just think it's been blown out of proportion a little bit. It'd be nice if we were playing them this season.

I am going to enjoy watching the Niners falter this season. They got their only season of mediocre QB play from Smith. My bet is that he reverts back to the same crappy WB that he showed the first 7 seasons of his pathetic career.

Not sure Willis would be "standing by his quarterback" if he took a second remember the absolutely vomit-worthy rookie season Alex Smith had.

And Smith has the balls to talk about Cam as a rookie when still, to this day, after SEVEN years, he still is no doubt the most replaceable quarterback on a playoff team in the league.

Not sure Willis would be "standing by his quarterback" if he took a second remember the absolutely vomit-worthy rookie season Alex Smith had.

And Smith has the balls to talk about Cam as a rookie when still, to this day, after SEVEN years, he still is no doubt the most replaceable quarterback on a playoff team in the league.

I would say that would be The Golden Calf of Bristol. Unless you exclude him because he was already replaced

Willis did what needed to be done; dish out a response in support of you QB and keep it positive. Two

leaders here!

Agreed. Alex Smith is the leader of the offense, so naturally the leader of the defense has to endorse his QB. He was forced into this situation, and really said nothing negative about Cam or Beason in the process. I respect Willis for that and thought he showed a lot of class.

Agreed. Alex Smith is the leader of the offense, so naturally the leader of the defense has to endorse his QB. He was forced into this situation, and really said nothing negative about Cam or Beason in the process. I respect Willis for that and thought he showed a lot of class.

I respect them both, they displayed great character. A leader isn't made (Peppers) he's born (Beason).

classy guy Patrick Willis. So many fans so riled up and butthurt over nothing. This has been blown way out of proportion.

Maybe, But alex smith can still suck a dick IMO

Archived