• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats will select Robinson, Barnes, or Beal according to SLAM

cdandi1

Rudy Gay is Scottie Pippen. Beal isn't Jordan. Gay's never going to reach his full potential until he gets put on a team as the SECOND GUY beside a SG that is clearly the #1 option on the team. If Gay went somehwere like Atlanta and played beside Joe Johnson, Atlanta would be a much better team.

Jordan never would've achieved as much as he did without Pippen being a guy who did everything good enough but not one thing exceptionally, except maybe his defense. That's what Gay is, or at least should be. He doesn't belong on the Bobcats, and it would be a complete waste of his time and ours to put him on it.

So the Bobcats would waste the talents of a Gay bc they do not have a Jordan-like talent who is also not in this draft nor on 30 other teams.

My problem with this logic is that the Bobcats dont even have a Glen Rice-like talent or a Jamal Mashburn like talent to name very servicible NBa players who were good in Charlotte...let alone any top 50 NBA players of all time like Pippen...who did ok when he helmed the team by himself BTW.

So draft a guy like Barnes?! He is possibly Marvin Williams 2.0 or at best a Sean Elliot if his dribble improves. Thats a third wheel...

Get the Pippen....then get the other parts later...a trade for another scorer. This team just lacks talent,depth and average NBA size it needs to assemble some talent now..

Robinson will be a good rebounder and will probably make an immediate impact. Though, it seem like he's someone that doesn't have much more room to improve and get even better.

Barnes is a great shooter but lack athletic mobility. But do seem like he could be a pretty good addition to the team.

Beal is a great shooter who is a great athlete also. Just by the three of them, he looks like the best player of the three. He gets a lot of comparison to Ray Allen but I sees some DWade in him. I don't keep up with Florida program and hasn't seen many if not probably all but one game on Beal. But just from watching highlights, I think Beal could be a Wade type of player. Just my opinion.

Beal is more ready than Barnes. henderson goes to the bench where he belongs...as a swingman scorer.

So with the choices being Beal, Barnes or Robinson why would we not try to get Rudy Gay?!

Even being a max guy he is by far the most talented guy the Bobcats would have and better than any of these rookies.

Exactly!

Finally someone agrees with me that Henderson is not that good of a player like every Bobcats' fan think he is.

Henderson would be a great off the bench player but never as a starting five.

And I truly doesnt know why some people would not want Rudy Gay here. Dude is a real star and finding a player with that talent doesnt falls off the tree.When you have a chance to add a player like that, you do it.

I know what people are TRYING TO SAY when they say that Barnes can't "create his own shot". They mean, he can't dribble the ball well, because they don't mean that he can't create his own shot, or else they are idiots.

What part of one or two dribbles and then pulling up with that fade away in the mid-range isn't "CREATING ONE'S OWN SHOT"?

Of course his mid-range game is "creating your own shot". Jordan was lethal with that mid-range shot. If Barnes keeps hitting that and he hits the 3 pointer, like he can, the rest will eventually come because that's all he has to work on now. He doesn't have to work on homework, or anything else. You expect him to tweak the FIXABLE weaknesses that he currently has.

I hate it when people make videos and then put music on it that makes the video irritating to listen to.

So the Bobcats would waste the talents of a Gay bc they do not have a Jordan-like talent who is also not in this draft nor on 30 other teams.

My problem with this logic is that the Bobcats dont even have a Glen Rice-like talent or a Jamal Mashburn like talent to name very servicible NBa players who were good in Charlotte...let alone any top 50 NBA players of all time like Pippen...who did ok when he helmed the team by himself BTW.

So draft a guy like Barnes?! He is possibly Marvin Williams 2.0 or at best a Sean Elliot if his dribble improves. Thats a third wheel...

Get the Pippen....then get the other parts later...a trade for another scorer. This team just lacks talent,depth and average NBA size it needs to assemble some talent now..

Yup. Good comparison of Barnes to Williams.

Anyone who doesnt want Gay is stupid. You add talents when you can. Just bc you doesnt have a Jordan on the roster does mean is stupid to trade for a player like Gay. You add the first piece in a player like Gay, then add and finish the last pieces to compliment him. Some people in here are ridiculous.

Yes, the Bobcats would waste the talents of Gay, just like he's been wasted in Memphis. Put him on a team where he can play off of a go-to SG, and watch how much his game takes off. There's no guarantee the Bobcats will have such a player for a while.

Comparing Barnes to Marvin Williams, as so many on Twitter do, is just DUMB. Marvin Williams is a COMBO FORWARD, ala Antawn Jamison or Larry Johnson. Barnes is a SF, period, who can play some SG if he's going to just catch it and shoot (like a Sean Elliott). He is not now, nor will he EVER BE a PF, or suited to play that position. Guys like Marvin Williams and Antawn Jamison are guys who aren't big enough to be true PFs in the NBA, but they aren't agile enough to be SFs either. They can create matchup problems for slower PFs who aren't comfortable playing away from the basket, but more often than not will struggle because they don't have the body for full-time duty as a SF or PF.

Barnes has been compared to Glen Rice.

so no MKG? wow

getting the feeling the pick is going to be Thomas Robinson. As a UNC fan I really don't want Barnes, I hope he succeeds, but I see him as a poor man's Deng right now

Any time most people are repeating the same thing these days, it's usually wrong. Start something on Twitter or Facebook or ESPN and it takes off. According to most, Barnes is either Deng or Marvin Williams, which is dumb.

Deng was never considered the next great thing, to the point of being Preseason All America before getting to college. Barnes is already getting LeBron like criticism. Had anyone else averaged 17pts a game, 23pts per 40 mins, people would be kissing their behinds instead of criticizing them.

Deng has never had to put up with that.

People don't like Barnes because he tends to play within himself and let the game come to him too much, and in a few instances, pass him by. He doesn't have the flash or the flair that some others do, and hasn't tried to force his game on them, so people don't like his vibe.

Maybe he can't, maybe he just hasn't shown it yet. I don't know.

Jordan needs to ignore the media and public critics this time around and go with his gut. He listened to them with Kwame Brown (MJ wanted to deal for Elton Brand but yielded to "THE NEXT KEVIN GARNETT" hype) & Adam Morrison (he preferred Brandon Roy, but made a business decision based on the local mustache lovefest).

Barnes doesn't have as much upside as some players, but he's going to be a solid player

for a long time. He can score from the wing, something no Cat can do.

He will present zero off the court problems. He's a fairly safe pick. Again, not much upside,

but not much risk either.

I've watched him through college. I'm pretty sure he'll never be able to create his own shot

as a slasher, but I see him popping open on wing, taking the pass and scoring 16 a game.

Plus, he's not afraid to take the big shot. ...something else no other Cat can do.

I wouldn't be too disappointed.

I know what people are TRYING TO SAY when they say that Barnes can't "create his own shot". They mean, he can't dribble the ball well, because they don't mean that he can't create his own shot, or else they are idiots.

What part of one or two dribbles and then pulling up with that fade away in the mid-range isn't "CREATING ONE'S OWN SHOT"?

Of course his mid-range game is "creating your own shot". Jordan was lethal with that mid-range shot. If Barnes keeps hitting that and he hits the 3 pointer, like he can, the rest will eventually come because that's all he has to work on now. He doesn't have to work on homework, or anything else. You expect him to tweak the FIXABLE weaknesses that he currently has.

Love Barnes' "crab dribble" at 2:05, LOL! Check out LeBron's...

After watching Barnes completely disappear once Marshall was not there giftwrapping assists, my opinion of his soured. He was easy to defend and was taken out of the game.

I just don't like his game....but, it is not my decision to make.

You have to take Robinson if you're not going to take MKG. Physically Robinson matches up great with any power forward in the league and could possibly match up well with even some centers.

The Bobcats were last in the NBA in points per game last year- Robinson gives us at least 15 points per game. (Robinson averaged 17.9 points per game last year including 11 games where he scored 20 or more points).

The Bobcats were second to last in the NBA in rebounds per game- Robinson gives us at least 8 rebounds per game. (Robinson 11.8 rebounds per game last year including 8 games where he had at least 15 rebounds).

If you put these two things together, two of the things that the Bobcats were the worst at last year; we have to take Robinson if we are not going to take MKG.

Note: Robinson had 27 double-double's in 39 games.

Archived