• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle Workout Warriors

Darth Biscuit

Just wanted to throw out a quick progress report; yesterday, I bought size 34 Levis jeans.

I have been size 36x32 since my growth spurt in high school, with occasional flexing up to size 38 in the winter months. After more than 10 years of this, I honestly thought that no matter how much weight I lost, my waistline could never be smaller than a 36. I can't express in words how excited and happy I was the moment I was able to button those bad boys up! And it's only May! I'm gonna be in the best shape of my life this summer. Hope to flatten out my upper body with cardio, and then pack on some muscle in the weight room.

My diet and exercise plan has been the following:

• Soup or salad rather than a dinner-sized-portion for lunch.
  • The "Game of Thrones" plan: I got an HBO Go account, and have watched every second of Game of Thones while on the elliptical in the gym in my apartment building. It's great incentive to get my ass moving an hour a day.
  • Finally, my wife went vegan about a month ago, and it's so easy to avoid junk food when you aren't mutually enabling each other.

Going just by weight, I thought I wasn't making much progress, as I've only lost about 10 pounds according to my scale. But the fact that I can now shop for pants at H&M speaks volume.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I've posted here but I would like to get a little bit of advice while also providing an update to my gains. 

Back when I was posting a lot in here I was around 185 pounds. Since January I'd say I've really made a commitment to building my chest. I've been putting off deadlifts more than I would like to due to time constraints. But I am fiiting in squats when I can.

My chest has always been a challenge for me and I think I have finally found a system that works for me. I started spacing out my chest routine by 3-4 days and only do it twice a week versus 3 times a week like I used to. I can now do 135 with ease and can execute explosive reps until about 185 pounds. My max bench is 210 right now. These are things I could not do last year or even ever really.

Right now I do flat bench 135x6-8, 155x6, 185x4, 205x2 with a spotter. Once I hit 205 I then load the incline bench to 95. I then go back down in weight on flat bench like a pyramid. But between those sets I increase the incline bench to 125 and then 135.  After those I hit the cable cross overs.  

My ideal goal is bench 225 by the end of the summer but I don't know if I can gain that fast. I've upped my protein intake for sure.

My next question is this. I would like to start hitting dead lifts hard again. Im game for 2 times a week because I love the way they sculpt the body in addition to cardio that can come out of those sets. But can I do bench and dead lift on the same day? Is that too much heavy lifting?

I want to bench twice a week, dead lift twice a week and still have time for squats.

I'm not in as quite as good of shape as I was last summer but I do feel stronger. I still jump rope all the time and I am now able to do several double unders in a row. I'm still running 2-3 times a week. with jump rope after each lifting session. I've decided that everyday I don't lift I must at least run. The curious thing about that is that my weight has not changed. I am a solid 195 now and that has not budged in the past few weeks I've recommitted to cardio. I think part of it too is that my body has now adapted to the jump rope and it is not quite as easy as it was to burn the fat like last year.

I know that it's best not to worry about weight when everything is fluctuating but is that a sign that I have made true gains? 

What's the best way to burn fat but keep protein up to keep getting stronger?  Lean  chicken, cans of tuna? Any sort of protein powders you guys would recommend?

Just wanted to throw out a quick progress report; yesterday, I bought size 34 Levis jeans.

I have been size 36x32 since my growth spurt in high school, with occasional flexing up to size 38 in the winter months. After more than 10 years of this, I honestly thought that no matter how much weight I lost, my waistline could never be smaller than a 36. I can't express in words how excited and happy I was the moment I was able to button those bad boys up! And it's only May! I'm gonna be in the best shape of my life this summer. Hope to flatten out my upper body with cardio, and then pack on some muscle in the weight room.

My diet and exercise plan has been the following:

• Soup or salad rather than a dinner-sized-portion for lunch.
  • The "Game of Thrones" plan: I got an HBO Go account, and have watched every second of Game of Thones while on the elliptical in the gym in my apartment building. It's great incentive to get my ass moving an hour a day.
  • Finally, my wife went vegan about a month ago, and it's so easy to avoid junk food when you aren't mutually enabling each other.

Going just by weight, I thought I wasn't making much progress, as I've only lost about 10 pounds according to my scale. But the fact that I can now shop for pants at H&M speaks volume.

​I recently did the same and got into 34's for the first time since my 20's and they are already feeling loose.  I also only lost like 10 lbs but it looks like I've lost 20.

Started my first creatine cycle yesterday.  Any foreshadowing on what to expect being a first timer?  My goal is lean muscle, but I find that I lose too much muscle due to the calorie deficit, so I'm hoping this will facilitate muscle retention/growth while remaining at a caloric deficit.

Archived