• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which QB in the NFL has the best arm?

JawnyBlaze

not doing 'best arm' list because the definition of 'best arm' is probably different for everyone

Strongest arm: (alphabetical order)

Starters in the conversation:

Cam, Cutler, Flacco, Cam, Stafford, Vick

Non-starters:

Locker, Mallet, Kaepernick

Are there any measurables on QBs arm strength? If so, I never hear about them. As much as they try to analyze these guys with dash times, wonderlics, and bench presses etc., why don't they have a 20 yard mph number or total yards of carry guage for QBs?

Judging by the choices, I think they mean "strongest arm", because "best" implies to me the most accurate, best zip, etc. Cam's not exactly in that discussion yet (and neither is Flacco and possibly not Stafford). I think voters are responding to it as if it was the total package, while the choices tell me it just means the strongest arm which I honestly think might be Cam. I haven't seen enough of Flacco and Stafford to know whether they can throw a pass like the one in the Washington game where Cam connected with Steve at the 1.

Pure arm strength is a majorly overrated factor among many fans.

Doesn't really matter how far you can throw the ball if you can't put it in the right spot.

Archived