• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

8/15 training camp twitter thread

GolfRasta

Beason got hurt week 1 last year. That is a LONG time not playing football for him to come out and play week 1 as an every down LB. Putting him in any role outside of spot duty week 1 you would assume makes him a liability to a degree or an injury risk.

Not sure how it's any more of a risk than playing him in the 3rd preseason game.

beason (and pretty much any starter, imo) don't need to play at all in preseason. they're big boys. they can get it together when it matters and do it quickly. in fact i would rather the more crucial ones sit out for all preseason games.

I agree, Beason needs some real game time before expecting to play as an ever down backer. But hammies are tricky, so can't rush him back. I'd prefer to see Luke at mike than Phillips but whatevs.

Who is to say that the staff isn't looking at Hogan as a day-to-day? Funny he goes from being a possible Huddler starter to a bum.

beason (and pretty much any starter, imo) don't need to play at all in preseason. they're big boys. they can get it together when it matters and do it quickly. in fact i would rather the more crucial ones sit out for all preseason games.

Positions matter. A QB or WR doesn't need the reps a LB or LG or RB may need. They need the reps to get there bodies prepared for collision/contact literally almost every play.

Thomas Davis talked about it at length last preseason. That year off put his body in a hole. He needed those preseason reps to get his body ready for a real NFL game.

Where is the line then? Players normally need some playing time to get back into the feel for football. Whether Beast needs more or less is the question. I know he is in shape, but is that enough?

Play him too much and assume some risk? But you have your MLB.

Sit him and let him ease back in? How long does that take?

Is Davis ready to take enough snaps to allow Keek to play Middle? Has Keek had enough snaps to play Middle?

My head hurts. I got married so the pain would go away.

Where is the line between protecting Beast from himself, and allowing him to go after it? Glad it is not my call. Cuz if it backfires either way.

Joe Person@josephperson

Drop by Jared Green on the first play of team pass

Joe Person@josephperson

Nice deep throw by Cam to Olsen.

Carolina Panthers@Panthers

.@HoganPick6 and @ENorwood40 working hard in the Spartanburg humidity. http://pic.twitter.com/ocKbkAK7

Joe Person@josephperson

Norman runs stride for stride with Armanti on deep throw from Cam. Incomplete

You guys do understand that Beason has a tweaked hammy right? That's why he is not practicing. Those injuries are tricky and can be nagging. No reason to rush him.

I am not wanting him rushed back. If that is the case....I simply want Luke to gets reps at MLB now.

That way week 1 we will be ready if he isn't.

I am not wanting him rushed back. If that is the case....I simply want Luke to gets reps at MLB now.

That way week 1 we will be ready if he isn't.

WHY WOULD YOU WANNA ROB HIM REPS AT OUTSIDE LINEBACKER?!?!?! RAAAAWWWRRR1!!

Archived