• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Against the Falcons... run, run, run some more....

Zod

If the guys in the 2ndary can't cover man to man for 2-3 seconds, they shouldn't be here.

Get in their face and bump 'em hard at the LOS - bring the house in the QB's face.

Learn to take a snap from under center - a play action pass is more effective when the "fake" occurs 2 yds deep as opposed to 5 yds deep. If the offensive formation dictates that a handoff (fake or real) will occur 5 yds deep - then it makes no difference to the DL - they know where to go from the snap>>>5 yds deep for either a handoff or sack.

I don't care how much you run the ball, until the D can stop someone, the Panthers are going to lose a lot of games. I'm thinking the Saints game was a fluke because they might be the only team with a worse coaching staff than the Panthers right now. They are reeling without Sean Payton. I wonder if McDermott even comes up with a game plan week-to-week. He got fired for this poo in Philly and he's doing it again in Carolina. Hate to say it, makes you long for a John Fox defense....

The premise of this article is spot on...that has been said. What it really comes down to is COMMITMENT plain and simple.

RR and Chud/ McDerm have put a crappy looking product out there so far mainly because they didn't establish a true game plan designed to meet the challenge of the opponent. Instead, they relied on a generic scheme that was clearly anticipated and exploited by opponents. The reason we beat the Saints is because we got what we expected from them. We didn't know what to expect from Tampa and the Giants adjusted and flat out beat our scheme.

We know what Atlanta wants to do. I want to see us have a very specific game plan designed to counteract what they do. This would certainly include running at the middle of their defense and coaching Cam to take those 7-8 yard runs that will be there on 1st and 2nd down.

Ultimately we need to go ahead and try to rattle Ryan and we might have to take some major risks to do so.

Bottom line...we don't take those risks we are gonna see another performance like Eli.

God hope J Stew is active for this game!

on offense...run, screen pass, run, long ball downfield, repeat. when opportunity presents itself cam runs and abuses the falcon defense. occasionally pull out the option just to keep things interesting. have just enough WRs going downfield and throw to them just barely enough to keep the D spread out but run enough that they have to keep 8-9 in the box. play it safe and do what they do best.

on defense...just attack. no soft zone crap. no cushions. go for the INT. blitz like a mofo. no more of this "bend but don't break" crap. just go full out "smash, kill, destroy." don't be afraid to take risks. don't be afraid to gamble.

that's pretty much the only chance the panthers have at winning this game...they have to control the clock and keep the atlanta offense off the field as much as possible...b/c our defense is not equipped to stop that offense...we have got to find a way to get after ryan...he's playing lights out so far this season

Took four pages for someone to finally state the one way to beat mat rian. Pressure is he achilles heel. Knock him down, and rough him up, and he will crumble.

The question becomes how to do so? I say play press coverage man to man all over the place. Put Nakamuri back in his usual position. Then rush and play games with whomever is left. Get pressure. Matty no like pressure.

Pressure matt and the routes get shorter, the plays are quicker, and the ball comes out quick. All habits of the please don't hit me QB.

Play tight mano en mano all over the field. With a S deep as protection. Rush everyone else. You ain't coverin no one? Rush mother...

Puts pressure on the LB corp as well. The fcant love those screens. That play is the only play I worry about. Kick Matty butt. And we win.

And that is the bold prediction of the week for me. And GOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived