• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we lose next week to the Seahawks, fire Rivera after the game.

Awesomeness!!

lol no.

The more I think about it, the more we might follow the Texans path with Gary Kubiak. First season 6-10, second season 8-8, third season 9-7, then a regression to 6-10 where the offense was elite (3rd in overall offense) but the defense was abysmal (32nd). After that season, they fired almost the entire defensive staff (DC, secondary coach, linebackers coaches) and hired Wade Phillips who implemented a defensive makeover. Went 10-6 last year with a rookie manning the QB position the 2nd half of the season and are 4-0 and arguably the best team in the league this season.

I just hope Rivera smartens up faster than Kubiak did and fires McDermott after this season.

Mid-season firings almost never make sense.

Now, after the season, yeah, go for it, but only if you (JR) are serious about doing all you can to put a competitive product on the field, including getting the best head coach available. However, I would not support firing Rivera after the season just to replace him with some coordinator that can be hired on the cheap. If that's your plan, forget it, and just hope Ron grows into the job.

Archived