• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why firing Hurney has to happen in 2012

unicar15

We are officially the worst team in the NFC going forward for the rest of this year and going into next year. I know that the Saints are 0-4 and could be 0-5 after tonight but they are getting Sean Payton back in 2013 and will again be a force in the NFC. This is a fluke year for them. Payton is just going to get a top 10 draft pick to make them even more ridiculous once he's back as playcaller.

So, going by what I see today the worst teams in the NFC are the Panthers and the Bucs and its really not even close. The Lions are 1-3 but their team is extremely talented and IMO will get it going sooner than later and if not this year they will be back next year.

If you look in the AFC I'd say we are in better position than teams like the Chiefs, Titans, Jags, Browns, and Raiders. But that's really not saying a whole lot considering those teams don't have a prayer of making the playoffs this year or next.

So, the question in JRs mind and everyone else's mind who has a financial stake in the Carolina Panthers is, "where do we go from here?" In the last 4 seasons we have gone 8-8, 2-14, 6-10, now we are 1-4 and don't look any better than a sub .500 team.

JR is probably thinking..."ahh...I'll wait a couple years and if we haven't improved then we'll make the change." The problem with that is that our franchise QB (the first ever LEGITIMATE face of the Carolina Panthers) has a contract that is only 4 years long, which means 2 years remaining after this year. It's going to take AT LEAST that long to turn this into a complete football team and you better believe that franchise QB is walking out the door to bigger cities if we aren't competing for championships by the time his contract is up.

So, this is the year..it has to be the last year for Marty Hurney. If he is drafting another top 10 player this offseason then this franchise is officially screwed and at serious risk of losing the most talented player to ever put on a Panthers jersey.

We are officially the worst team in the NFC going forward for the rest of this year and going into next year. I know that the Saints are 0-4 and could be 0-5 after tonight but they are getting Sean Payton back in 2013 and will again be a force in the NFC. This is a fluke year for them. Payton is just going to get a top 10 draft pick to make them even more ridiculous once he's back as playcaller.

So, going by what I see today the worst teams in the NFC are the Panthers and the Bucs and its really not even close. The Lions are 1-3 but their team is extremely talented and IMO will get it going sooner than later and if not this year they will be back next year.

If you look in the AFC I'd say we are in better position than teams like the Chiefs, Titans, Jags, Browns, and Raiders. But that's really not saying a whole lot considering those teams don't have a prayer of making the playoffs this year or next.

So, the question in JRs mind and everyone else's mind who has a financial stake in the Carolina Panthers is, "where do we go from here?" In the last 4 seasons we have gone 8-8, 2-14, 6-10, now we are 1-4 and don't look any better than a sub .500 team.

JR is probably thinking..."ahh...I'll wait a couple years and if we haven't improved then we'll make the change." The problem with that is that our franchise QB (the first ever LEGITIMATE face of the Carolina Panthers) has a contract that is only 4 years long, which means 2 years remaining after this year. It's going to take AT LEAST that long to turn this into a complete football team and you better believe that franchise QB is walking out the door to bigger cities if we aren't competing for championships by the time his contract is up.

So, this is the year..it has to be the last year for Marty Hurney. If he is drafting another top 10 player this offseason then this franchise is officially screwed and at serious risk of losing the most talented player to ever put on a Panthers jersey.

I hate to say this, because I'd love to see Hurney fired first thing when he walks into work tomorrow morning, but JR has kept him for years and years, no matter how bad the team was. JR isn't going to fire Hurney. He will only be fired when JR is no longer the owner. Maybe.

I said before the season if the Panthers do NOT make the playoffs Marty has to be shown the door. If he is NOT FIRED, I'm done with this joke of a franchise.

I'm dead friggin serious.

Marty has no clue on how to build a dynamic, long term squad. He can't hide behind Fox or the lock out or injuries etc.

I said before the season if the Panthers do NOT make the playoffs Marty has to be shown the door. If he is NOT FIRED, I'm done with this joke of a franchise.

I'm dead friggin serious.

Marty has no clue on how to build a dynamic, long term squad. He can't hide behind Fox or the lock out or injuries etc.

Can i haz your panther jerseys

Hurney has no business running a professional football team after bungling another offseason up so badly this team can't even get out the starting gate

Whether or not Jerry wants the team to win is irrelevant. If he does not find a new general manager then he himself is the problem because he's perpetuating an environment that fosters mediocrity and failure.

The Panthers have a 5th year option of Cam Newton's contract. We will most assuredley trigger that option.

Per ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Panthers have agreed on a four-year, $22 million contract with Cam Newton. The deal, which is fully guaranteed, also includes a fifth-year, non-guaranteed option worth $14 million.

I love the Panthers but if Hurney is not gone after this year I am probably moving on. I spent so much of my money, health, and time on this team it's not even funny and if owner does not care about winning, why should I? I will support a team with an owners that gives a poo about fans.

Archived