• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SI: Cam = Vince Young

SgtJoo

Newton and Young's quarterbacking talents are, of course, not completely synonymous, with Newton's passing skills as a rookie far exceeding Young's, and Newton's running game setting a new standard for quarterbacks of any era. But in a big-picture way...

Lol.

"I can't back up my statement with statistics, but if you look at the big picture (i.e. broad strokes painted with the fact that they're both black dual-threat QBs who struggled in their sophmore years) you can kind of see what I was going for."

It was actually a good premise, but the comparison was lazy and sloppily researched.

VY went into strip clubs beating people up, Cam just sulks in the locker room and has composure issues (from an unbiased fan standpoint)

Agreed. It's clearly too early to damn him, but the anointment was early too. He has to lead the team to his first victory over a good team before the ticker tape parade begins...

Espn first take had the audacity, actually Stephen A. Smith, to say that Cam was Vince Young as well...This is getting ridiculous.

Wait a minute. Did you just cite ESPN First Take in a serious football discussion?

...Wait...Did you cite Stephen A. Smith at all...ever?

I think that's a bannable offense. Or should be.

Espn first take had the audacity, actually Stephen A. Smith, to say that Cam was Vince Young as well...This is getting ridiculous.

Before I leave for my job, I go out of my way to make sure I don't accidentally leave the tv on Espn 2 in the mornings so that First Take doesn't get a small, accidental ratings boost. That show is the Worst. Thing. Ever.

Archived