• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RG3 quote on Cam comparisons

Car123

YES! being realistically, we will can or probably will beat the Skins this Sunday, Chiefs and Raiders. But no way we're going to beat the Failcons, Saints, and Bucs. People think we're going to beat the Bucs this time around bc they got the first laugh in week1, but that Bucs team is too talented for us to handle. Great team and I see them making a strong push for the Playoffs.

I've seen nothing from the last 3 Falcon's games that screams we got no chance against them. The Saints offense might be back but the Big 10 could put up 20-30 points on that defense. And I think we can beat the Bucs. I might be wrong. I don't care. Meangelo asked a question, and I realistically answered what I think our remaining wins will be.

I've seen nothing from the last 3 Falcon's games that screams we got no chance against them. The Saints offense might be back but the Big 10 could put up 20-30 points on that defense. And I think we can beat the Bucs. I might be wrong. I don't care. Meangelo asked a question, and I realistically answered what I think our remaining wins will be.

Its the NFL and anyone can beat anyone anyday. But all seriousness, they're a rivalry team and we hate to admit it but you really think we can beat the Falcons? I'm not saying we won't be I see more of a close game which in the outcome ATL will again win in last sec.

Our D has played better consistently but with Gamble being in IR, this time I see both White and Jones having huge game for them. I don't think our offense will be as good as last time vs that D too.

here is more of the quote. I dont think he meant disrespect:

“It’s like I tell people many, many times: I won’t be playing him, I’ll be playing his defense. So, have fun with the comparisons,” Griffin said Wednesday during his regular mid-week news conference.

He added:

“We do run similar schemes. There’s a lot of similarities. But, I’d rather be compared to Aaron Rodgers, or a guy like that: someone who’s won Super Bowls. You want to go out there and win, and that’s our biggest goal. It’s not about me versus Cam Newton, it’s about us getting the win, and getting to 4-5 going into the bye week.

I remember before the season, when a large number of you (Panthers fans) were beating your chests, while telling everyone within earshot about how Cam is elite.

Cam deserves a large amount of blame. He threw the ball into the ground with the game on the line. He fumbled the ball with the game on the line. He told everyone that his team has to come up to his level. He pouts and mopes. He throws coaches under the bus.

I hate to burst your bubble, but the kid is an overrated egomaniac with no leadership skills. What has he really done to warrant such nut hugging? If he won games, I would understand, somewhat. He hasn't. He isn't going to. When was the last time you saw a me-first quarterback leading his team victory, on a consistent basis?

I would take RGIII over Cam, every single day of the week and twice on Sunday. Every GM in the league would say the same thing.

Look at Cams numbers, he is still as elite as last year you dumb fug.

Why? What has Cam done to earn respect? Why would RG3 be obligated to do so?

It would be one thing if he said "Nah, Cam is awful, I want to be compared to Rodgers."

He didn't. He just omitted Cam and said who he would like to be compared to. What has Cam done to warrant respect from competitors enough to be mentioned and complimented?

Oh I don't know other than just completing one of the greatest rookie seasons of all time... Cam is the new standard by which all rookie QB's are measured, I think that deserves some respect.

Beyond that it's just a professional courtesey... it's the classy thing to do.

Archived