• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Newton genuinely disliked around the league?

Hotsauce

He isn't respected either... Shown by stacking the box and daring him to throw.

Could be....

Could also be defenses know a line featuring Amini, Piggy, Byers anchoring the middle......can't protect Newton. Deep routes won't have time to develop and if they do the QB will be too worried about the pressure and often won't see the rare open deep route. So stack the box, being pressure, cover the one intermediate route.

Vets don't like young bucs who get paid, brag, are talented, and put on a show. Cam fits all of that to a tee. Commercials, his persona and his Superman pose, broke rookie records, and runs wild and makes defenders miss. I bet if he didn't do the pose, and wasn't slobbed by endorsements, he would be more liked. He only has himself to blame... and I can't blame advertisers one bit. He brings in money and trends just about anything he does.

I missed the game today because I was on a plane. So I watched nfl.com highlights of the game....the highlights showed at least 2 Broncos doing the Superman....makes me wonder if he has no respect around the league? Players are obviously mocking him.....

Are a handful of Panther fans the only group of people who still have faith in Cam Newton these days?

On a side note, I was really pissed before I boarded the plane, because I knew I was gonna miss the game, but I am super glad I got to miss suffering through what you guys had to suffer....

How come you guys don't realize this yet? Yes, people think he is too cocky. He hasnt won anything yet and still does the Superman even when you guys are down by alot. He sulks on the sidelines with a towel over his head and doesnt come accross like a leader. He is Vince Young v2.

Yep. And that's the way I like it. I was tired of this team being the good ole boy team that got high remarks for character in every 7-9 season.

We may still suck, but talent wise we've developed and I think once the last bastions of the old regime hit the road (looking at Gross) you'll see the locker room come a little bit closer together too.

Nobody likes if you're good.

Down a lot? Please, do tell. I'm looking forward to hearing this one.

How come you guys don't realize this yet? Yes, people think he is too cocky. He hasnt won anything yet and still does the Superman even when you guys are down by alot. He sulks on the sidelines with a towel over his head and doesnt come accross like a leader. He is Vince Young v2.

Down a lot? Please, do tell. I'm looking forward to hearing this one.

Panthers/Giants, remember?

Anyway. the entire Denver team had a chip on their shoulder because of the past history with John Fox in Charlotte. Apparently they respect him a lot and wanted to win for him in Charlotte....As if that is a hard thing to do. We get it, we suck.

Brady and Belichick are constantly at the top of "overrated" or "most hated polls."

Cam was a young player with a bold personality who found lots of immediate success early in his time in this league, making more traditional and reserved players look silly.

He's not going to be liked, ever, and he shouldn't want to be. This isn't backgammon night at the country club. It's football.

I remember the media taking a mere two score deficit at the top of the 3rd and trying to force it into an issue until gullible fans like the one seen above who were looking for absolutely any excuse to down on him snowballed it into some lingering "problem."

Are you one of those poor, deluded souls as well?

Panthers/Giants, remember?

Anyway. the entire Denver team had a chip on their shoulder because of the past history with John Fox in Charlotte. Apparently they respect him a lot and wanted to win for him in Charlotte....As if that is a hard thing to do. We get it, we suck.

Archived