• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Inside Pressure

Snake

I was waching some games from last year I Recorded and saw a few things that needed to be addressed.

For one Peppers as a LB dose not work. I watched them use him in several occasions as a LB and guess what he was handled. Maybe why no one wants him IDK.

The worst thing I saw was when Kemo goes out no one else can play the B gap. Lewis was handled as was Brayton, and Gibson. Lewis had his best success in the A gap when Kemo was on the 0 tech right in the Centers face.

Also Trgo should know that Blitzing Beason to the 0 gap dose not work.......

Our Scheme seemed to put Kemo over the Center in the 0 Tech and I guess that was so Lewis could shoot and come unblocked or just have one guy to beat but IMO didnt really seems all that effective on passing downs.

With all that said I hope Meeks can come up with a scheme that can help Lewis and others get free with out crippling us when Kemo is out.

I was waching some games from last year I Recorded and saw a few things that needed to be addressed.

For one Peppers as a LB dose not work. I watched them use him in several occasions as a LB and guess what he was handled. Maybe why no one wants him IDK.

The worst thing I saw was when Kemo goes out no one else can play the 1 gap. Lewis was handled as was Brayton, and Gibson. Lewis had his best success in the 2 gap when Kemo was on the 0 gap right in the Centers face.

Our Scheme seemed to put Kemo over the 1 Gap and I guess that was so Lewis could shoot and come unblocked or just have one guy to beat but IMO didnt really seems all that effective on passing downs.

With all that said I hope Meeks can come up with a scheme that can help Lewis and others get free with out crippling us when Kemo is out.

this is why i think we will keep a huge DT on roster...IDK who but 320+ prob

this is why i think we will keep a huge DT on roster...IDK who but 320+ prob

I think they are using Kemo to fill the role of huge DT, and trying to have a smaller (slightly) more athletic DT shoot the gap and get to the passer. I think we really need a beast presence on the inside who can push back the o-line consistently, a-la Haynesworth (not saying we should have targeted him, just a DT with his ability).

I could easily be wrong, however.

The worst thing I saw was when Kemo goes out no one else can play the 1 gap. Lewis was handled as was Brayton, and Gibson. Lewis had his best success in the 2 gap when Kemo was on the 0 gap right in the Centers face.

Our Scheme seemed to put Kemo over the 1 Gap and I guess that was so Lewis could shoot and come unblocked or just have one guy to beat but IMO didnt really seems all that effective on passing downs.

The scheme last year was designed to sping both Lewis and Peppers and bring the pressure from the right side of the line. Kemo lined up in the 0 technique shaded toward the outside shoulder of the center. He had a 2 gap assignment to defend either A gap depending on where the ball went. He was not expected to get pressure but occupy the double team. Lewis played the 3 technique in the B gap and Peppers lined up in the 5 technique in the C gap. This was designed to avoid either Peppers or Lewis getting double teamed although they could still get chipped by a TE or a back. On the other side Brayton lined up in the 4 or 5 technique (head up on the tackle or to the outside). This also meant that Brayton could face double teams as well and was not designed to have him pressure the ball either but contain.

When Kemo went out Brayton slid down to the 3 technique and Johnson came in at the five technique and both had 1 gap responsibilities as did Lewis and Peppers on the other side.

I expect that Meeks will use a 1 gap over and under scheme which is what we have done traditionally. The difference will be that the primary responsibility may be shooting the gap to pressure the passer not the read and react appraoch that Trgo used to preach.

I think they are using Kemo to fill the role of huge DT, and trying to have a smaller (slightly) more athletic DT shoot the gap and get to the passer. I think we really need a beast presence on the inside who can push back the o-line consistently, a-la Haynesworth (not saying we should have targeted him, just a DT with his ability).

I could easily be wrong, however.

kemo will and lewis will be the starters..but i think behind them we will have two guys similar in size and styles of play. irvin is the lewis clone and the kemo clone spot is up for grabs..lol..and one more guy.i dont see shut down DT in any of these players but we dont need that they just need to keep heat on the QB

kemo will and lewis will be the starters..but i think behind them we will have two guys similar in size and styles of play. irvin is the lewis clone and the kemo clone spot is up for grabs..lol..and one more guy.i dont see shut down DT in any of these players but we dont need that they just need to keep heat on the QB

Guys like Kemo aren't there to get pressure on the quarterback most of the time. He is like Pat Williams for Minnesota. They shut down the run and take up the doubleteams so guys like Kevin Williams and Jared Allen can turn it loose up the gaps. Kemo could use a Kevin Williams at the other tackle who had 8.5 sacks last year. Lewis is decent against the run but not quick through the gap.

we still lack talent on the interior, trgo's schemes wern't the problem

we still don't have a DT that can collapse the pocket AND stop the run. We need blue chip talent badly.

trgo's usage of the players we have was a huge problem.

The scheme last year was designed to sping both Lewis and Peppers and bring the pressure from the right side of the line. Kemo lined up in the 0 technique shaded toward the outside shoulder of the center. He had a 2 gap assignment to defend either A gap depending on where the ball went. He was not expected to get pressure but occupy the double team. Lewis played the 3 technique in the B gap and Peppers lined up in the 5 technique in the C gap. This was designed to avoid either Peppers or Lewis getting double teamed although they could still get chipped by a TE or a back. On the other side Brayton lined up in the 4 or 5 technique (head up on the tackle or to the outside). This also meant that Brayton could face double teams as well and was not designed to have him pressure the ball either but contain.

When Kemo went out Brayton slid down to the 3 technique and Johnson came in at the five technique and both had 1 gap responsibilities as did Lewis and Peppers on the other side.

I expect that Meeks will use a 1 gap over and under scheme which is what we have done traditionally. The difference will be that the primary responsibility may be shooting the gap to pressure the passer not the read and react appraoch that Trgo used to preach.

Very good. I feel like a dumbass now cause I confused the Gaps with the Techs. Oh well its just hard to enplane any other way without making a 5 page post. Oh I would give you a rep but I have to spread some around.

If we do go to that I would not be using Kemo very well. I feel that we may do that though but I want to wait an see what Meeks comes up with. Could be something very different.

Archived