• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I dunno what to make of LaFell

Rags

Sometimes he flashes greatness. Tough catches over middle, solid hands, deceptive speed.

Other time he just doesn't show up at all.

Good game today but the Bucs secondary is terrible.

The offense has struggled all year, so how is it unbelievable that the #2 WR isn't seen at times?

lafell's strength is his blocking ability and his routes. he's not a deep threat by any means.

often i wonder if he would look best in a west-coast offense where plays with timing as a key component would play to his strengths of getting initial separation (but not necessarily keeping it due to his lack of speed.)

LaFell is a good possession receiver to have, but I wouldn't want to rely on him as the go-to-guy, because he isn't fast enough, and I think that he would totally disappear if faced with double coverage with any semblance of consistency. This is not a knock on his ability or even his possible importance to the team going forward. He is what he is, but he has the ability to move the chains when the going gets tough.

Archived