• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera shows emotions at end of press conference.

Sword

Well, if you subscribe to this notion, it's his first "true" win. He beat a top level team without a scrub QB and/or coach. All the while by not sabotaging our double digit lead.

Is it enough to save his job? Doubt it. Probably has to win out, including against the Saints in NOLA.

Meh, that Texans team won a playing game.....something this Falcon team won't. They were a better team, Atl just had a better QB.

Meh, that Texans team won a playing game.....something this Falcon team won't. They were a better team, Atl just had a better QB.

No issues with that here. That Texans win was big, especially as they still went somewhat deep into the playoffs with their "scrub" QB, Yates.

I just know that some people around here like to pin that ish on Rivera when he can't pull it out against top level teams with their franchise QB and coach.

I have put the blame for our struggles this season on coaching. And I am giving coaching credit for today's great victory. This is the best win we have had in 3-4 years, and against an 11-1 division rival. We pretty much dominated today. Props to both our coaches and players. Our players could have packed it in like the Bucs did last year, but they have not given up on our coaching staff apparently.

If our players have not given up on our coaching staff and we win out, then I am not going to give up on them either.

I don't give a damn what his emotions are. Bellicheck is as robotic as they come and he's arguably the greatest football coach of all time. My problem with Rivera simply boils down to his game decisions regarding personnel, scheme, playcalling and clock management. I actually think he's a good talent evaluator and knows how to get acceptable production and play out of complete scrubs.

I have put the blame for our struggles this season on coaching. And I am giving coaching credit for today's great victory. This is the best win we have had in 3-4 years, and against an 11-1 division rival. We pretty much dominated today. Props to both our coaches and players. Our players could have packed it in like the Bucs did last year, but they have not given up on our coaching staff apparently.

If our players have not given up on our coaching staff and we win out, then I am not going to give up on them either.

Players are auditioning for their new coach. If there was a player who could rip Dave Shaw away from Stanford, his name is Cam Newton.

I don't like the coach but Rivera seems like such a good guy and it shows how much of an emotional impact Thomas Davis has on this team.

Rivera will be an amazing defensive coordinator. Unfortunately he's not fit to be a HC. At the end of the press conference, it seemed to me it sort of hit him that he might no longer be with our guys after the season.

I'm onboard with bringing this staff back. Cam has taken the world by storm. After going through as slump that many actually expected, he has come back better than ever. A lot has to be said for Cam's developing chemistry with this offensive staff. They've blown it trying to figure out how to spread the ball while over exposing Cam at times.. but we've looked good the last few weeks with a make shift o-line and multiple skill players in street clothes.

I would like to see us give this one more year before we tear everything down again. It's just too soon. We could have something here if we can get some impact players healthy and bring in a bit more talent.

I have a hard time keeping it together when TD makes a big play too. The coaching staff should get another year, Chud screwed the pooch early. Read option base was so dumb, using it a few times can be great as we saw today. I'm really proud of Rivera benching Norman today and laying into Hardy earlier in the season. Ron seems to be able to motivate those who can get better and weed out the trash.

Archived