• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I don't give a fug if we win out, get into the playoffs, and win the Superbowl 58484 to 0..

Awesomeness!!

if he and this team have turned the corner he stays.

i seriously doubt that is the case, but if it happens you don't fire the guy.

i don't care how much hate i or anyone else feels.

pretty silly and petty to say that a coach should be fired in spite of success.

if he gets us to 7-9 and the wins are as convincing and games are as hard fought as it was yesterday...if it's balls to the wall the rest of the season then yeah, maybe he should stay.

i want what's best for the team and winning is best for the team. if they figure out how to do it, you don't scrap it.

again, i doubt that throughout his career as HC here that rivera has presented a convincing enough argument to keep his job with a new GM who will more than likely want his own guy.

if the team has turned that corner and rivera has finally learned enough to help us win and the players have completely bought in then we don't screw with that.

What I want from a coach is a guy who players play hard for who have good position coaches and makes good decisions. Lets see the rest of the way but the kind of game they put together yesterday was exactly what we needed. If they play tough and inspired the rest of the season I see no reason not to keep him for 1 more year. Everyone who thinks that just because we hire a new coach it will instantly translate to the playoffs and everything being fine are pretty naive. And if you think that anyone would be better than Rivera, you just don't have a clue.

The young guys are stepping up and playing inspired. The only thing I want to see is a string of wins not 1 win every 3 or 4 games. If we can win out, then Rivera deserves another year.

What I want from a coach is a guy who players play hard for who have good position coaches and makes good decisions. Lets see the rest of the way but the kind of game they put together yesterday was exactly what we needed. If they play tough and inspired the rest of the season I see no reason not to keep him for 1 more year. Everyone who thinks that just because we hire a new coach it will instantly translate to the playoffs and everything being fine are pretty naive. And if you think that anyone would be better than Rivera, you just don't have a clue.

The young guys are stepping up and playing inspired. The only thing I want to see is a string of wins not 1 win every 3 or 4 games. If we can win out, then Rivera deserves another year.

You're falling for the trap. You have to keep in mind Rivera actually sacrificed this season in an attempt to look like a football genius. (Letting Cam be our only offensive weapon, and everyone else fall where they may) Not too mention he gave very limited reps to Kuechly, started Nakamura when he showed nothing in the preseason, and held back guys like Joe Adams and David Gettis as of late. This guy stinks.

We could have been in the playoffs this year if it weren't for his goof up play calling that cost us several games. (Falcons, Bears, Cowboys, Bucs, Seahawks) Do we really want this coach to be here another year?

Archived