• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera Black Monday News

Ruff

The Bears aren't even waiting to pick up a new HC. They just asked permission to interview McCoy.

The longer we wait to make any decision, the sooner Rivera will be retained. I only wanted Rivera or Kelly, but the latter is now looking like a pipe dream.

not make a rash decision? heh... was it some kind of surprise we weren't going to make the playoffs? What kind of rash decision exactly could come from us winning 4 straight? Or maybe he considers keeping Ron to be rash?

meh.

Tells me he wanted to see how the season played out.

Yet another thing that makes me thing he won't pull the trigger but will instead leave it to the GM.

JR should keep Rivera for one more year. But make it known that its his LAST year if playoffs are not reached and let it be known he's on the hot seat all year and could be terminated at ANY time. The guy had the team trending up once he realized he was about to be canned. So if these expectations are continued, I think Rivera could make a good push with this team next season. But Chud should be canned. That's one thing JR should make clear. No Chud. Bring in Norv.

This. I really think he has earned another year. The team is playing for him, and finished the season better than they were when he got here.

I agree. I was in favor of him going for a while, but the team has gone from a lame-duck 2-14 before he arrived to an improved 6-10 without an offseason to an admittedly poor beginning to the second campaign. But the team has really gelled down the stretch imo. They are playing as if they know what is expected and they have a cohesiveness and fire that has piqued my attention. We're playing very well defensively with some significant holes. I want to see what Rivera and co. will do in year 3. I'm starting to believe he may be better than what I iniitally felt. The players really seem to want to succeed for Rivera.

Chud can stay or go, but I would really welcome Norv Turner at the OC position.

I wouldn't. But to replace him with Lovie? Absolutely. Won't happen though, I'll bet he takes another HC job.

I like Lovie Smith, but I'd still keep McDermott.

Besides, I've always gotten the impression that the relationship between Smith and Ron Rivera is a tad...awkward.

Archived