• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Love for lovie? Chicago axed coach

dugbug

Dude's name is Lovie and he coaches men to nearly kill each other for millions of dollars...that is some seriously baddass irony.

Just on that alone, the guy is an icon. I like him, but you are right that he would be just like RR. I don't see us getting rid of McDermott if Rivera stays. So...I don't think we are going to need or want Lovie Smith.

It would be intriguing to consider replacing McD with Lovie. I could imagine that working out very well for Keuchly, Johnson, and Hardy. I could see us with a top 5 defense within 2 years.

I like him, don't think its gonna work out either way.

I always thought Herm Edwards would be the best coach from the Dungy regime in Tampa Bay. Lovie has done OK and would not mind seeing him here. Reminds me a lot of John Fox. Provided a stud QB, which we have, he could go to the big game again... like Fox is doing...

I always thought Herm Edwards would be the best coach from the Dungy regime in Tampa Bay. Lovie has done OK and would not mind seeing him here. Reminds me a lot of John Fox. Provided a stud QB, which we have, he could go to the big game again... like Fox is doing...

who was lovie's last choice for an OC?

fatal flaw right there.

More wild news from Chicago.

ESPN's Jeff Dickerson reporting Devin Hester has said he might retire.

You made millions of dollars from the Bears for so little production this year you may has well have been standing on the sideline.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure you'll retire, Devin. :rolleyes:

Archived