• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Spoke with Jim Szoke on the phone...

L-TownCat

Let's all hope Mr. Szoke is spot on outside of one little thing. i would like the draft/FA order to be LT-DT-CB-WR

I'd honestly rather fill our need at DT through FA... DT's are so totally hit and miss in the draft and it takes a few years to develop them unless it's a truly special talent.

On the Coach:

As I just said He believes Rivera will have one more year since the team was trending up at the end of the season per JR's request. Also he believes that Rivera will have success clauses for next year. Baisically Playoffs or bust. Then the new GM will have the right to hire anyone that he chooses.

This is probably my "worst scenario". A cap crippled team with a middling coach (who even Jay Cutler can out coach) in a "must win" situation from the owner. I now look forward to a new coaching staff in 2014 and perhaps we might get good enough to be a wildcard in 2015 just prior to Cam's contract being up..

!Genius!

Great job L-Town. BTW, I speak with Jim now and then, and he is one of the "Good Guys". Knows a helluva lot about this franchise. I last spoke to him about the Los Angeles rumour awhile back. He said basically that this team is a/will be a PERMANENT fixture in the Carolinas. (Think Cape Hatteras Light House or The Gaffney Peach)

It's always nice the hear this.

Gross is going to be 33 this July and has not played that well this year. With almost a 12 million salary cap who we could dump to save almost 10 million this year, it becomes pretty attractive to look elsewhere.

i hate creating yet another hole when there are several others that need filling already, but that OL needs a reboot. only safe guy on it should be kalil. silatolu....maybe. the rest should be replaced/upgraded. i'd like for us to upgrade the OL coach as well. there's no reason that it should take weeks for the OL to gel like it has for years.

Cam's a generational talent right there with RG3 and Luck... dont be fooled by the media.

Thats not what you said the first time.

25-30 years would imply that there woud only be 4 as good as Cam in the 21st century. If you group RG3 and Luck in with Cam that only leaves one more for the next 87 years. That is a bit exaggerated don't you think?

Thats not what you said the first time.

25-30 years would imply that there woud only be 4 as good as Cam in the 21st century. If you group RG3 and Luck in with Cam that only leaves one more for the next 87 years. That is a bit exaggerated don't you think?

You know who your talking to, right?

So we upgrade the online then keep Chud as he goes back to read option as a base to see if it works this time =\

That was exactly how I read that part, and exactly why Rivera and Chud SHOULD NOT be back next year. They're just going to try it again and it's going to cost us the playoffs again, just get rid of them now rather than throw away another season of Cam's

Archived