• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who gets cut that suddenly leaves us with a big need?

panthers55

Dont let Hardy and Johnson's performance fool you, our secondary needs Gamble in a bad way. I get you, I mean, we could let him go, but your taking out the only fangs we have left in the secondary.

Gross however is not needed anymore if we can grab one in the draft. He's standing in the way of some things even if he's not trying.

You joke, but when we cut/trade Williams and Stewart goes down in week 3, we're gonna be hard up for RBs.

So, every team in the NFL outside Carolina has set themselves up for disaster then...

Those teams don't have a Cam/Tolbert either

Dont let Hardy and Johnson's performance fool you, our secondary needs Gamble in a bad way. I get you, I mean, we could let him go, but your taking out the only fangs we have left in the secondary.

Gross however is not needed anymore if we can grab one in the draft. He's standing in the way of some things even if he's not trying.

Rather have Gross than Gamble if forced to pick. OL more important....Gross is diverse.

How many LT prospects are coming out in the draft?

Im feeling fairly certain D'lo is getting cut if we cant find a way to keep him and so is Murphy and possibly some other pieces that were brought in as last minutes "fixes" from Hurney. Not sure how the Beason thing is going to play out but something has to give there as well. I think the situation is manageable despite it looking pretty bad.

They're not all starting Mr. Glass Ankles

and yet somehow DWill gains your confidence?

I think the obvious point to discuss is try finding RBs in later rounds and save the cap space... Not so much how big of a DWill or Stew fanboy you (and anyone else) may be..

Gross is the only one that would create a huge need. Luckily he has the easiest contract to restructure and lower his cap figure.

I think our biggest need on the offensive side of the ball is WR.

I just don't see RG as a big of a need as others think. Hanagrtner can suffice while we fill other more pressing needs.

On D we need a DT and a FS.

I think there's a good chance we cut Beason or Anderson.

Cut:Ron Edwards, Chris Gamble Geoff Hangartner, Hauriki Nakamura

Restructure: Jon Beason, Jordan Gross, Deangelo Williams

I'd also talk to Tolbert and Johnson about possibly restructuring their contract. The only reason why I say cut Gamble is because our secondary played well without him and somebody has to go...

They're not all starting Mr. Glass Ankles

Williams has missed more games since DT was formed....but that doesn't really matter in this discussion.

Again, no team pays 2 RBs. That isn't just a random coincidence that has reoccurred over and over in NFL history. It is dumb. Silly, that to this day, people still try to justify it.

If your RB goes down....pending you have a good and well built offense. It is simply easy to insert someone that can produce. Cam plus decent RBs can give you a good rush attack.

Money is better used on the OL than backfield.....

Archived