• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who gets cut that suddenly leaves us with a big need?

panthers55

Some of the posters predicting we need Warmack at 14 (some early mock drafts have him going in the top 5) assume that right guard may be our biggest need. However I think that we will have other big needs once we cut overpaid players to get under the cap before free agency. For example, if Gamble is cut to save cap space then we suddenly have a huge hole in the secondary. And if Edwards is cut at nose tackle we suddenly have a hole there as well.

While we are uselessly speculating, what other holes might we have if some high priced veterans are cut??

I don't think Gamble is as big of a need as people think. Or anyone in our secondary. We had a couple of undrafted free agents and a 7th round safety playing back there at the end of the year. The reason they were effective was that our pass rush finally came on. You only give a QB 3 seconds or so to find someone and it makes your db's so much better. Gamble would be a great luxury to have but we can't afford that luxury. Gettlemen has already said that there is a price at every position and I'd imagine the one for DB's isn't that high. A 2nd or 4th round safety/corner could shore up the secondary as long as the pass rush continues to improve.

Gross would be a huge loss. While I feel like he should restructure, move to the right side, and then hopefully we draft a left tackle at 14 it's unlikely. I think the offensive line is a huge priority this offseason. Hopefully we bring in some quality draft picks, at least two, and maybe a low priced veteran free agent.

For example, if Gamble is cut to save cap space then we suddenly have a huge hole in the secondary. And if Edwards is cut at nose tackle we suddenly have a hole there as well.

No true... Our secondary played well enough without Gamble. He's just a nice piece to have when he is there. It will be weird without Gamble there but he is just expendable at the moment

I'd say our biggest need are

1a. NT

1b. RG

2. LT

3 CB

4 O-Line Depth

5. DB Depth

No true... Our secondary played well enough without Gamble. He's just a nice piece to have when he is there. It will be weird without Gamble there but he is just expendable at the moment

I'd say our biggest need are

1a. NT

1b. RG

2. LT

3 CB

4 O-Line Depth

5. DB Depth

Neg rep was accidental, was trying to pos rep. I agree with your list. Anyone know how to remove neg rep using an iPad? Not gonna have computer access for a while.

Archived