• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steelers Likely To Cut Three O-Linemen

L-TownCat

The thing i like to remember when referencing the Steelers offensive line is that these guys were part of the smash mouth downhill run blockers. The new Steelers are going pass heavy and looking for more athletic lineman. Im sure that one of these stout run blockers could fill that right guard spot nicely. At least for a year or two until we can draft a replacement.

The thing i like to remember when referencing the Steelers offensive line is that these guys were part of the smash mouth downhill run blockers. The new Steelers are going pass heavy and looking for more athletic lineman. Im sure that one of these stout run blockers could fill that right guard spot nicely. At least for a year or two until we can draft a replacement.

Steelers have been pass happy for quite a few years now and those guys haven't really been good at either run or pass blocking..

Steelers have been pass happy for quite a few years now and those guys haven't really been good at either run or pass blocking..

One could be seen as a result of the other. Kind of like how our line produced good rushing totals until Chud found away to neutralize their talents with the read option.

One could be seen as a result of the other. Kind of like how our line produced good rushing totals until Chud found away to neutralize their talents with the read option.

can't say I have seen either though.. poor at rushing, while the QB consistently finds a way to keep the play alive in spite of his OL's pass protection.

Colon played pretty well at guard, I'd consider him above average there. I'd love to pick him up on a really cheap one or two year deal.

And while the Steelers OL isn't an elite group by any means, they aren't as bad as they are perceived. Big Ben hanging onto the ball for 18 seconds every play makes them look worse than they really are.

Archived