• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Touchdown Scorer's(case for going WR early in draft).

panther4life

not the same thing. we made fun of them because they traded up and gave up so much. we aren't talking about trading up, we're talking about taking one where we are in the first or second round.

and about us laughing at the falcons for giving up so much, how many games have they won the last couple years because of that passing game? oh yeah...

true true, but how many have we lost due to no push from our interior line?

true true, but how many have we lost due to no push from our interior line?

we didn't win more last year because we didn't score enough. we didn't stay on the field long enough. we didn't extend enough drives. we didn't get to the red zone enough. we didn't get into the endzone enough. our WRs couldn't get open enough and they didn't catch enough and they couldn't do enough when they got their hands on the ball. the OL couldn't block enough because cam couldnt find open and reliable targets enough.

we need more weapons for cam. we do need more help on the OL but i think we need more help at WR. the OL can't make the WRs become better targets. they shouldn't have to block for 5 seconds because cam can't find a WR who can get open. with shula at OC we're gonna have to be able to have more guys who can make big plays.

and does anyone think we can actually count on smitty staying active all season? we are on borrowed time with him. what's that WR corps going to look like without him? i can't imagine anyone but the most blind homers thinking that we'd be ok without him.

That's a lot of cyrstal ball thinking you're doing there.

lol this is coming from the guy who says, undoubtably, there's no #1 WR talent in the draft.

Remember if there's not Calvin Johnson, A.J. Green, or Michael Floyd (reminder koolkatluke said that Michael Floyd would be the first WR in this draft, despite the fact that he had a late 1st round grade most of last year.) then don't draft a WR. Ever.

We're kinda in no man's land or a position of flexibility depending on how you look at it with our draft slot. It almost asks us to go BPA which I would be perfectly fine with. However, I just don't see WRs being that high this year. 2nd round and beyond would be fine with me for us to snag a reciever with it being a deep class. But we got issues on the line (both sides) that require immidiate attention.

I'm still not convinced that WR is a dire need this year. Going WR for our first pick, we're essentially drafting an immediate #2 and future #1 reciever in a fairly weak draft class at the top for that position. Draft an OL or DT, we're plugging in a guy that will not only start immediately and make an instant impact, but will solidify a position that makes an impact EVERY single down. A #2 WR may catch the ball 5-7 times a game, help out the run game on tosses, and redirct the secondary every pass play. It's a luxury pick and we're in no position to reach for one this year.

http://www.cbssports...players/1737096

Rated the #1 WR in this class...

His weaknesses worry me. Especially the knee injury. We already have Gettis. IMO I don't this this draft class has a First round worthy WR.

his knee injury was a pcl strain which required no surgery(only rest). he has played and produced 3 years and had 98 catches as a soph.dude is a legit WR prospect, runs good to decent routes, good hands, size, not scared to go across the middle, and turns into a rb when the ball is in his hands.

his knee injury was a pcl strain which required no surgery(only rest). he has played and produced 3 years and had 98 catches as a soph.dude is a legit WR prospect, runs good to decent routes, good hands, size, not scared to go across the middle, and turns into a rb when the ball is in his hands.

I agree with another poster that 14 is too high but that being said I wouldn't think the sky was falling if we drafted him. I guess the Dwayne Jarrett's of the world scare me. Would hate to draft a bust in round 1. Would be our first (outside of Otah) in a while.

I agree with another poster that 14 is too high but that being said I wouldn't think the sky was falling if we drafted him. I guess the Dwayne Jarrett's of the world scare me. Would hate to draft a bust in round 1. Would be our first (outside of Otah) in a while.

but you cannot let 1 bust scare you from drafting a position. that is why you have to do your homework and figure out these guys. 14 is not to high for a #1 WR

the only shot you have at a OT worth taking at 14 is Lane Johnson, he's the only one that has a shot to make it that far

I agree, but I would take him at 14. Some on here would not, and I see that. With Gross at 34 and an upgrade needed at RT, I take Johnson and put him at RT for a season. However, I do not see him there at 14. I think KC or Philly takes Joeckel, Arizona takes Fisher, and San Diego or Miami take Johnson. San Diego could take Warmack as well.

Until recently, I was not on board with taking Warmack if he is there and Johnson gone. I still cannot decide. A first round G when we have so many needs?

My opinion--I try to trade back if we cannot get Johnson. While there are no elite WRs, there are some very good ones to be had between picks 12-75. Some people think we need to allow Gettis, Adams, and pilares to step up. I want to see more from that tall WR on the PS (Lamont Bryant?). Too many needs for a team with 2 picks in the top 100 and no cap space.

I'm still not convinced that WR is a dire need this year. Going WR for our first pick, we're essentially drafting an immediate #2 and future #1 reciever in a fairly weak draft class at the top for that position. Draft an OL or DT, we're plugging in a guy that will not only start immediately and make an instant impact, but will solidify a position that makes an impact EVERY single down. A #2 WR may catch the ball 5-7 times a game, help out the run game on tosses, and redirct the secondary every pass play. It's a luxury pick and we're in no position to reach for one this year.

I

what

I don't think you understand what luxury pick means if you thing WR is a luxury.

lol this is coming from the guy who says, undoubtably, there's no #1 WR talent in the draft.

Remember if there's not Calvin Johnson, A.J. Green, or Michael Floyd (reminder koolkatluke said that Michael Floyd would be the first WR in this draft, despite the fact that he had a late 1st round grade most of last year.) then don't draft a WR. Ever.

yeah, i kind of chuckled at that. reminds me of fieryprophet with his harbaugh hate and pffl with his cam hate. borderline obsessive and closed-minded about it to the point that there's absolutely no way they could be wrong and everyone is a moron for disagreeing with them.

Archived