• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

" » The Carolina Panthers sure sound like they want to de-emphasize the read-option as part of their offense"

Brokenbad

There is an articale on nfl.com talking about this. The team wants to focus on a vertical passing game and a power running game. http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000143675/carolina-panthers-gm-wants-cam-newton-in-the-pocket/

Also in another article( believe its the same one in this thread), Gettleman gave some assurance that D. Will will be with the team in the future. If its already posted, I apologize in advance.

All I got from any of this is we are going to try and run the offense the same way we did at the end of the season. I am cool with that.

My main beef has been people blaming the read option for our troubles at the beginning of the season. The read option itself wasn't the problem, it is how this team was running it.

The two most important things for a team running a lot of read option play is pace and to audible at the line of scrimmage. We did neither.

It is going to be very interesting to see what Chip Kelly does in Philly. I will be keeping a close eye on them because he is the first guy who has real knowledge on how to run a spread read option offense. I will admit that I am actually not the biggest fan of his offense as an NFL offense because they have a lot of East/West running and not enough North/South. But it is going to be exciting

My worries with Gettleman is not this season, but the next coaching hire if RR is fired.

Blueboy has a warning for his posts in this thread that are both offensive and incredibly stupid.

Consider this post your second warning blueboy.

Tighten up or I will remove you from the Huddle.

I'm not sure how Blueboy hasn't already been permanently banned considering all the ignorant and blatantly racist posts he's made. He's not contributing anything to the forum and simply trying to instigate race-related fights. I've been posting here for 6 years and I've never seen somebody get away with this much. Posters have been banned for less, all I'm saying.

Blueboy has a warning for his posts in this thread that are both offensive and incredibly stupid.

Consider this post your second warning blueboy.

Tighten up or I will remove you from the Huddle.

white guy saying that stuff about black people would have been banned already.

ibtl

Archived