• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bucs' offer for Revis: 1st, 3rd, 6th & ~$15mil py long term contract

JawnyBlaze

You said it much better than I would have. We really could have beaten them twice, right along with the Falcons.

If we handle our business, I know we can hang with anyone in this league.

we should have.

poor coaching decisions at bad times trusting the wrong people on the field and giving the other team the ball and thus inviting them to score was the big problem. we could have swept both those teams. we should have.

game management could have allowed that to happen. of course, player execution could have as well, but the players aren't the ones who decided to punt and give the other team the ball. the players aren't the ones who took their foot off the gas.

meh.....dead horse beaten enough.

i hope the coaching staff (rivera) learned how to manage end of games better.

Anyone believe Rivera DID learn from his mistakes? Ron made sooooo many last year but he improved towards the end of the season. Rivera also found a backbone during that two month span.

There is only one way to know for sure, when the moment comes in a regular season game next season. If Rivera plays "not-to-lose" the first chance he gets, he didn't learn a damn thing.

And yet you continue.

I'm not impressed with your Superiority Complex. If you ever wish to go beyond the 'endless squabbling' then the solution is quite simple -- take your head out of your ass. Just because I don't agree with your views doesn't mean mine are fabricated (especially since a large number of Tampa fans and beat writers severely disagree with you). So please, learn to post like an individual who's not a Bill O'Reilly 2.0.

"yet I continue" lol

I've already said I had no businesss in your little masquerade, you're the one trying to sustain your self perception that you offer that you have something meaningful to offer by offering up more pitiful retorts and desperatley trying to keep this little charade going... I don't think you quite understand- I've seen your song and dance enough to not have any interest in it. There's no aura of superiority to it at all. It's simply that in even in your recent post I see you so so desperatley cling to arguments you created which have no basis in any form of factual foundation. When asked to provide such backing, your only response is "they're out there, I swear it! I just can't find them! But I've seen them before, I swear!!!"

It's a waste of time and unless you're willing to provide some measure of backing for your claims, I'm not going to waste any more time with it.

Anyone believe Rivera DID learn from his mistakes? Ron made sooooo many last year but he improved towards the end of the season. Rivera also found a backbone during that two month span.

here's the thing with that...were we put in any close game situations towards the end? or were our wins achieved with a sizeable enough of a lead that his shortcomings in the game management area weren't harmful enough to cost us a win.

the record improved, but i can't say we saw an improvement in the much needed area of game management in close games. so far what we've seen is we have to be dominant from start to finish with a 10+ point lead at least or we will likely lose. it's either blow them out or lose. not a whole lot of middle ground there. until we see him in another close game i don't think we've seen any evidence he's improved where he most needed it.

Freeman is neither great nor terrible. Very middle of the road. But I wasn't expecting such a regression after '10 either but it happened. He very well could regress or stagnate this year. I was a believer in Freeman after '10 but he's shat the bed for two seasons since then, so I'm not exactly expecting much progression. Especially with Schiano's supposed commitment to old school football.

Schiano looks like foxball meets Tony Dungy ball meets every other kind of hard to watch antiquated football system. Not that it cant work because they beat us with it twice last year. The only problem is if you dont have 2 1100 yard rushers it just wont get you to where you want to be. Hell even when we had the "right pieces" it went to poo really quick. The bucs will be tough and stubborn but will fail to deliver on a regular basis because in this league with the rules setup for offense, a ground and pound style just wont cut it.

here's the thing with that...were we put in any close game situations towards the end? or were our wins achieved with a sizeable enough of a lead that his shortcomings in the game management area weren't harmful enough to cost us a win.

There is one example from the last quarter of the season that points to Ron improving. The last game against the Saints. After about 3 quarters it was looking very much like the first game against the Falcons. We went up, then started playing soft and the Saints looked like they were poised to catch up. Then we hit the turbos and dialed it up a notch and sealed the win. That single game is what gives me hope for Ron (though it isn't a lot, considering it was just one game...)

Archived