• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

your reaction to the kawann short pick

Star was good enough at DT in the 1st. We should've addressed the S position in the 2nd since we didn't have a 3rd.

Maybe they did not think Swearinger was an upgrade to what we have.

You win in this league by stopping the run and getting after the QB.

The only problem I had with it was the depth at the position in the draft. We are almost finished with the 3rd round and there's still a few DT's still available. Not many safeties and even fewer corners. We could still get Patton and Rodgers (crossing my fingers) so I'm not as upset about that. I guess its ok. I dunno.

My other thing is that DT's have a pretty big bust rate, and I feel like its a big risk. Could have had Taylor and got a guy who could start immediately in the secondary.

At first I was also confused and a little disappointed, but after thinking about it for a few seconds I realized how strong and young our DL is now and was happy about it.

Think about it, CJ is the old man of the group and he's what, 27? I'm not counting Dwan, he's a 1 or 2 yard rental, not a cornerstone. If Star and Short get even close to their potential, and what we already know we have in CJ and Hardy, and if Alexander continues to develop, I mean wow. Just wow.

Archived