• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2012: Panthers ranked 1st in opponents yards per completion

SCP

I think some of you guys are misunderstanding. Our average yards per completion was the lowest in the NFL, as in that's a good thing. We have up 9.6 per and the last place team (KC) gave up 12.7 per.

Yep I read your post then posted myself. Then clicked the link noticing San Fran and the Bears were up there with us...then i read your post again. oooops.

I think we can easily have a top 10 defense next year. It is finishing games out that needs to be addressed, and hoping our guys stay healthy.

We were ranked 12th? or something defense last year. FA moves and draft should keep us in the top half, with top 10 being a very good possibility.

That sites pretty cool.

Some other things

All Per Game, First Parentheses is 2012, Second is 2011

Last in Opponent Completion Percentage (66.85%) (64.90%)

15th in Opponent Pass Attempts (34.7) (30.6)

26th in Opponent Completions (23.2) (19.9)

21st in Opponent Passing First Downs (12.2) (11.9)

13th in Opponent Passing TDs (1.2) (1.8)

17th in Opponent Passing TD Percentage (59.46%) (56.00%)

10th in Sacks (2.4) (1.9)

9th in Sack Percentage (6.57%) (5.95%)

Not too hard to believe when opposing QBs had forever to make decisions due to our poor front 7. Lots of check downs to RBs and gashes down the middle by TEs will do that.

That's funny. The front 7 was the bright spot and the biggest reason we gave up the FEWEST yards per completion. We weren't great at DT, but that's different now.

Archived