• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

nakamura not in the mix...florence a favorite?

I'm telling y'all Naka isn't making this team.

Why the hell you want DJ at Strong?? I can see FS but not SS. I guess they may want to use him like a nickle SS? Sort of like his Vaccaro was at Texas??

Dj Campbell is a SS. That's what he played when he started last season.

Look guys, the Panthers are NOT done adding guys to the secondary.  I envision them signing a veteran that gets cut before or during training camp, similar to Dwan Edwards last year.  Carolina snaps him up and he becomes an instant starter.  There were a lot of teams that drafted secondary help in this draft so some pretty good veterans with something left in the tank will be available.  

Competition is good.  I'd rather have talent.

Here is the bottom line.

1.  With the cap hell that Hurney left, we were and still are very limited with what could happen in FA

2.  Without a 3rd round pick, the first two picks were really the only place we were going to draft someone better than the young guys we currently have in the seconday....another 5th-6th round guy would not upgrade what we have.

3.  With the way that the draft fell, Star and KK were absolutely the BPA and fit a HUGE need

4.  A nasty pass rush will help our secondary significantly more than adding another late round guy to the mix

I for one am waiting to see how this unit performs on the field before making any judgements. 

We have have have to sign a serviceable veteran talent in the secondary from the crop that's left.

I don't care if Gettleman thinks they have promise. If that's true then they will display it on the field and earn snaps but you do not just hand jobs out like this. You do not risk the season by leaving such a massive weakness unsupported. You don't intentionally forego adding players who are sure to actually contribute because you're scared they will take the jobs away of the guys you want to succeed.

We don't have competition right now. We simply have bodies.

I can't believe I was thinking SMartin was still on the roster but just in recovery. I didn't know he was on the market. Well one down... hiroshima come on down next! Those guys blew up many plays yet Martin was no doubt the better of the two. Being solid at safety should allow some give at CB. So we are in good shape if RR doesn't pull the doghouse card this year

Why the hell you want DJ at Strong?? I can see FS but not SS. I guess they may want to use him like a nickle SS? Sort of like his Vaccaro was at Texas??

DJ is the only secondary player that can tackle in the open field, we need that guy at SS. there is no such thing as a nickel SS.

Comparing our secondary to the packers super bowl team is absurd.

Why don't you compare the individual talent at each positions before making such a claim

Those teams have "terrible" pass defenses because they have phenomenal offenses built around passing the football and scoring lots of points

hence in turn the teams they are crushing also throw the football trying to stay alive

Suggesting we have anyone on our roster close to circa 2010 Charles Woodson is silly.

Archived