• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kugbila Game Footage: Is he worth the 4th round pick?

PantherFeez

Like everyone after our draft picks, I tried to find his condensed game tape online -- but there was none to be found. So I spent the time to bring you guys 2 of his full games (condensed) as well as all of the youtube VSU highlight tape condensed down to footage of just Kug. 

Based on the game film below, discuss if you feel he graded out to a 4th round pick or not.

Got most of the way through the first one.

he looks powerful enough. Nobody ever moved him. I might have saw a missed block or two, but he stuck with his block several times and pushed his guy out of bounds. Speed rushing LB's might be the hardest thing to pick up for him right off, but I think he will be a keeper

Plays with a good base. Feet always seem to be moving. Looks like he can get over extended and lunge at times. All against Sub-D1 talent. 4th round seems a bit high but Gettleman wanted him so he grabbed him.

Remember the other day when they said we were gonna run the ball this year? He is perfect for that. Finesse stuff might take awhile, but straight ahead blocking and even block one guy and get to the next level is good for him. He did that several times, get off his guy and get a LB.

I think drafting him in the 4th round was a mistake.  I voiced my opinion after it happened stating,

Unprecedented Move: Panthers take an UDFA in the 4th

"Can anyone explain to me why the Panthers would draft a player that doesn't grade above the 7th round in the 4th.

Was there truly a fear that this kid, Edmund Kugbila, wouldn't be available in the 5th, or even 6th round?"     

If Amini can come from D-II school and switch from LT to LG and play decently in his rookie season then Kugbila can do the same without switching position..........I'm betting my money that he is our starting RG when the season starts..........They didn't draft him for no reason knowing that we have issues with our RG and passing on other D-I school prospect...............He has the size, girth and power to play in Power Run game we are going back to....... 

My biggest concern is that he couldn't qualify academically to play in the SEC. That's bad. We are going to have special needs guys at both guard positions.

This is overplayed... guy moved here when he was 12.  Its not that he's special... its that he didn't know.  Could you get a qualifying SAT score with 4-5 years of american schooling?  Doubt it.  The fact that he was recruited by those schools should tell you enough.  Dude can play.  Give him a year or two and we'll all be happy to have him.

Archived