• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rekindling An Old Flame. Worth It?

CarolinaNCSU

So I'm out in Chapel Hill last night, and through a mutual friend meet up with one of my exes.  Little back story, we started dating right before our senior year of high school and lasted a little over a year and a half.  Why did we break up?  Basically, no real answer. We both needed to do the college thing by ourselves and it was a good decision in retrospect, even if I didn't like it at the time.  We've only seen each other once in the past couple of years until last night.  

So last night we were in a group together, me basically just catching up with our mutual friend most of the time, but still a good amount of conversation and interaction with the ex.  She initiated a lot of the old memories and joked around about things, and as the group was leaving we walked out together.  My friend and the others basically left us (to give space I assume), and we hugged, said our goodbyes, and she said we need to catch up sometime (she's said this a couple times before).  

So now, do I follow through on that and ask her out?  I'm leaning towards yes, because I honestly did love the girl more than any of the others I've had and regret her getting away.  I feel like I'll hate myself if I never give it a chance, and think that maybe since we're both done with the college days now and moving to a more professional world it may work.  But at the same time, I also realize that getting back with exes hardly ever works and there's the obvious potential that she doesn't even want that.  We're both still 22 (I know, go slay all the ass you can), but this one is different and I've always known that.  

What say you Huddle, good idea to give it a shot or just move the hell on?

Yeah nothing weird about her at all, more just worried that the likelihood of two exes getting back together and working out being extremely slim.  The breakup wasn't even "wanted" I don't think.  She never gave a reason and cried/wouldn't get out of my car after she did it; members of her family even reached out to me saying they didn't know what happened.  She just knew that she needed to be single and do her own thing in college, which I can respect.  

I've always still had feelings for her, so the only hangup is rejection.  That said though, I really don't have anything to lose in the grand scheme of things, especially at my age. 

She broke up with you because she was mature beyond her years at the time. She was off to college and:

• Didn't want the weight of a committed relationship to slow her academic roll
  • Didn't want the weight of a committed relationship should she happen to meet someone who would create feelings of guilt
  • Didn't want put the same level of expectations on you.

In reality, in was a pretty selfless act of responsibility you should probably thank her for...

By giving her a ride on the baloney pony!

Does she make good money?

Kidding, but I have never seen an ex ever when I was single and not thrown the meat to them that very night.

She probably wanted you to bang it out, you didn't, and now she doesn't know what to do.

Archived