• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Prisco's Camp Observations

Gabeking

Prisco gets a lot of Poo here. However, he's not always as wrong lately as many of us think he is. I think he's wrong on this one, regarding Barner of course. But we'll see, soon find out? Won't we? Lol

Remember, Prisco has also bigged up Cam the past year, and has been very critical of Rivera and the Read Option focus, when discussing the Panthers. That's way more than 99% of National reporters ever discuss with the Panthers; who usually just stay on a few talking points, and rarely mention the Panthers coaching or play calling.  

So you gotta take the good with the bad, and take it/him for what it is.  

He seemed a lot more informed than a ton of other writers who write about the Panthers. 

With the Barner peice, he only went to one practice and is basing it off a very limited time he was watching. 

Not to mention he has Josh Norman listed as a starter at corner.  Everything I've heard has said Norman will be behind Cap and Florence.

I asked Prisco how he has the Panthers barely making it to .500 yet he predicts Hardy will have 15+ sacks and he thinks Cam is the best young QB out there.  He didn't answer.

For those bashing Prisco for his comment on Barner (and I hate Prisco)..... he got the comment from Rivera.

Rivera said (in his press conf after one of the practices this week) that the young RB's did some nice things in camp but they were dancing too much....that he wanted them to hit the hole quicker.  He said that would be something that they would be working on.

So...it appears that Prisco DOES know what he is talking about this time.

I remember hearing something about the staff saying he ran tall and wasn't getting low enough, so it was probably around that time. There were also questions about his pass-blocking, but all were fixed immediately. They praised him on adjusting so quickly. Havent heard those complaints since.

For those bashing Prisco for his comment on Barner (and I hate Prisco)..... he got the comment from Rivera.

Rivera said (in his press conf after one of the practices this week) that the young RB's did some nice things in camp but they were dancing too much....that he wanted them to hit the hole quicker.  He said that would be something that they would be working on.

So...it appears that Prisco DOES know what he is talking about this time.

I knew I saw it some place.  But I don't recall where Barner was mentioned by name as the running back dancing. 

Archived