• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What I'm looking for in Tonights Preseason Game.

koolkatluke

1. Can we run the Ball - Basically can we impose our will and run Vanilla run plays.

2. Can we stop the run - Have the 2 new DT's improved our Run defense and will they hold up against a team playing smash mouth.

3. Who will step up at WR- Is everything I've heard about Armanti in TC going to translate on the field. Will my boy Gettis ever come back to his rookie promise. Will Ginn do anything on offense. Whoever is playing in the 4th in this competition will show who's on the bubble early.

4. How long Does Mike Mitchell (SS) and Gray Williams (RG) Play -  If they leaves early with the other starters or a few plays after that. It shows they may have secured starting jobs already.

5. Brandon Williams (Rookie TE) Playing time and how he looks - How he looks and how much he plays. If he makes a few plays and they shut him down before the 4th. He might be a lock for the roster. If he is still playing at the end of the game. He might not have shown enough and his roster spot isn't secured.

6. How close are we at getting Naka off the roster - If Lester shows anything or If DJ moore is getting run at FS Naka is gone.

7. Who's winning Camp Battles so far - 3rd  and 6th WR's, 9th Dlinemen, 3rd RB, The Oline after the 1st stringers. Basically what named players are playing in the 4th and could be on the bubble.

8. Last I want to see Jimmy - Jimmy has been holding a clipboard since 2011 and his only real playing time comes in the 1st and 4th Preseason games. I want to see if he's improved at all and will he ever show enough to be trade bait.

Disclaimer this is the 1st preseason game and I'd never really learn anything from the 1st or 4th preseason games. Number 1 thing I always look for is NO INJURIES!!

But to all Panther fans and fans in general you should never get to excited or to defeated by Preseason and if we come out with no major injuries. That is a win regardless of performance.

I wanna see armanti and gettis step up in the spotlight.

I wanna see Star manhandle, not necessarily flashy plays.

I wanna see KK play from start to finish on every play he is in on.

I wanna see Mitchell let the coaches know that spot is his.

I wanna see Barner make an explosive play if given the chance.

I wanna see Cam take the checkdown instead of forcing a throw.

I wanna see this O-line protecting Cam.

despite the obvious standpoint of talent evaluation, this is just a great opportunity to get some of the young rookies some good game-time experience.

I hope regardless of their position solidification, players like A.J. Klein, Star, B-Will, Barner, AE, etc.  Get the most reps due to their lack of playing experience.  

Off the wall prediction: Short tears up the second/third string O-line tonight

Yeah I want no injuries, everything else is bonus.

Gimme this, plus signs of improvement, and I'm happy.

Preseason 'highlights' generally prove to be illusory in nature, so I'm not looking for the team to be dominant tonight.

Admittedly, I would prefer to see them not look like a total disaster :unsure:

i want the panthers to walk off the field in this meaningless game healthy. anything else is gravy,

my desired gravy:

cohesion of the OL and DL, but esp. of the OL. i want to see gelling. without that, we are off to another slow start.

the secondary benefitting from the boosted front 6-7(considering we'll be running some nickel packages with 6 in the front)

the WRs stepping up for whoever is throwing them the ball

more than anything, tho, SPECIAL TEAMS holding their own. special teams is the only phase that we haven't been able to get a good look at in practice and the only phase that will probably be going balls to the wall. the best sign of what to look forward to this season in special teams is what they look like in preseason games.

Archived