• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game on the line... you going with Beason, Morgan or Keuchly....

charlottenian

Wasn't trying to nor did I want to come across as such. I was agreeing with you in that there was no criteria laid out and therefore an argument could be made for any one of the players...

My apologies...

It's all good. I was just making a statement. You can take that question and run with it in so many ways.

With the game on the line and all things being equal I would pick Morgan hands down.  He was tough fast and instinctual poking his head into every pile and situation.  That was his downfall too.  He didn't know how to play any less than all in on every play. He was so aggressive he ended up being hurt too often so he wasn't the long term option.  The guy who looks to be built for the long haul and has the most potential is Kuechly.  But Beason was healthy until a few years ago so you can't tell long term health based on a few healthy seasons early on. 

I wouldn't call it a ridiculous debate. It's all in fun. Define strengths and weaknesses of each and decide which you'd prefer over the other. Kind of like the Lebron vs MJ thing.

The part that really makes it questionable is Luke and Beast are still playing, so we don't have a finished body of work for either. Though we have a better idea of Beason's best, we have no idea how good Luke will be.

I guess what I'm saying is running in circles more so than the usual thread while provoking each other over hypothetical debates seems rather ridiculous to me...  There is no substance.  Yet almost everyone will be drawn into this topic more so than anything Grits or TRD could create on their best days..

It's not so ridiculous that creating discussion on an internet forum is a catastrophe (it's completely reasonable), but there are certain methods that draw perspective and yet still seem to antagonize each other more so than any race thread could accomplish since it's so subliminal...

to me it seems rather ridiculous since you aren't talking about a particular event or situation, play, or scenario..  the only point is to generate a conversation that runs in circles..  That intention is simply my point...

however, with that said... I'm still curious what number is worse to own right now...  a Clausen #2 or #7....

2003  Morgan had 25 tackles in the Biggest game of his career and the franchises History.   Reading comprehensions a little slack today. Everyone seems to be throwing up well he wouldn't be there  or healthy.

Thats not the question.  If you had all 3 on the team  and one of them had to play the mike with game on the line who would you take  ^^^  dude showed up big time at the biggest time. 

Beason was debatable as the best linebacker in the league. He made all kinds of plays and as far as we know more consistent that almost any of the 3. The guy has a knack for coming up with interception in critical situations. He was as good or better than luke in that department and will thump you. Luke makes tackles but,I don't think he is better in any other area than Beason in his peak. As far as pass rush coverage and hit power is concerned i go with Beason. Also i think Beason was better making tackles for a loss. Luke is good and can become better than Beason but, I need to see more than tackles down the field before i give it to him after one season.

Hey, I gave my answer (Kuechly) but it's difficult to pick just one. That's like asking: Peppers or Jenkins? I'd pick Jenkins but Peppers was an monstrous freak. Beason and Morgan are/were immensely talented LBs too. I haven't forgotten about Dan's 25 tackle record at the Superbowl or Jon owning the NFC at Mike for three years in a row (only behind Patrick Willis). We Panther fans have been blessed with top-tier LB talent for as long as I can remember.

In what world would you take Jenkins over peppers lol. One of the best defensive ends in NFL history over a(pro bowl caliber) run stuffing DT? Sorry but give me pep and it's not even close. On any given play pep could not be blocked.

In their prime hands down it has to be Beason. Luke is still to young. Like someone else said Beason was The 2nd best Mike in the league behind Willis for almost 4 years. I know Morgan was a great LB but I may be one of the few on this board that kind of feels like he was overrated. Guy never played an entire season in his career. Beason didn't miss a game for 4 straight seaons. He also had over 120 tackles each of those 4 years leading to 3 straight pro bowls and 2 all-pro seasons.

Man you gotta love this place. Who do you want, A. B. or C.?

Typical Huddle answers- Depends, D, all three. Can't get a decent response to a simple straight forward question. Ah, the interwebz.

of course not..  it's the question presented that has no real motive involved..

Not so fast my friend.

Eh, IMO Thomas Davis will go down as the greatest carolina LB that never was.

Position changes and injury will of kept the rest of the NFL from ever knowing what easily could of been a household names.

Healthy and in his prime? What exactly would you say someone like Beason is better at? Now reverse it and ask yourself what is Davis better at.

of course not..  it's the question presented that has no real motive involved..

Nah, it is a simple question asking for opinion. One play to win a game, what MLB do you want? Pretty straight forward to me.

Nothing in there about injuries, or any specific criteria. Just which MLB do you trust to make a play to win a game.

Keek, too young to evaluate. But potentially the best of the lot.

Beast, one of the best in recent memory.

Morgan, one of the best in not so distant past.

Pick one. There is no wrong answer. It is an opinion based question. Not a pass fail type question. Just a simple question designed to illicit debate. In that vein, it worked.

I think I have to go with beason at this point in time. The healthy beason tho, its still crazy how quickly people have forgotten how good he was before he got hurt. Keek got burned a couple of times last year when he was covering someone, he still has things to work on but he is getting there.

Archived