• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One thing we didn't talk about: Deangelo

Rags

Williams had some monster runs from the read option. There were other times when he never had a chance because Cam screwed it up. The read option is a gold mine with a QB like Cam if he makes the right decisions in executing it. Watching him make the wrong read was depressing, and I think I even remember Williams just getting pissed once and jerking the ball out of his hands and taking off. If Cam will execute the read option properly then we're going to be thrilled with huge TD runs. If not, then we might as well give up on it.

He needs a hole....

Stewart can shake a tackle or break one at the line....same with Tolbert.

If Williams encounters contact near a line....he is done.

lol that's such bullshit. Williams, Stewart, and Tolbert all go down like a sack of bricks when they're met at the line. You need a head of steam to break a tackle. Stewart has more than his fair share of runs for no gain.

Williams had some monster runs from the read option. There were other times when he never had a chance because Cam screwed it up. The read option is a gold mine with a QB like Cam if he makes the right decisions in executing it. Watching him make the wrong read was depressing, and I think I even remember Williams just getting pissed once and jerking the ball out of his hands and taking off. If Cam will execute the read option properly then we're going to be thrilled with huge TD runs. If not, then we might as well give up on it.

Cam runs the read option right..

Williams isn't good in those sets. Also, it was the other way around. Cam got mad at Williams.

lol that's such bullshit. Williams, Stewart, and Tolbert all go down like a sack of bricks when they're met at the line. You need a head of steam to break a tackle. Stewart has more than his fair share of runs for no gain.

It isn't bullshit. Stewart and Tolbert do not go down as easily with first contact.

All RBs have runs for no gain. Williams doesn't break a tackle at the line or push the pile like the other twos.

they were running him between the tackles. he doesn't do that well. that's not his strength. thats why he only got a couple yards per carry. he's not a north/south kind of runner. i hope we're not going to have him do that much. that's going to be a  problem if shula insists on that much from him.

they were running him between the tackles. he doesn't do that well. that's not his strength. thats why he only got a couple yards per carry. he's not a north/south kind of runner. i hope we're not going to have him do that much. that's going to be a problem if shula insists on that much from him.

I think that has always been the issue....

This offense doesn't play to his strengths as well as others. With or without the read option. I think a good vertical pass offense prefers the north and south running.

It does help that the run plays are more traditional this time around.

I heard Rucker mention this.  It makes sense.  A true RB like Dwill and Stewart stand to gain from working the play out in their mind prior to snap.  Yes you always have to adapt but I think that some of the anticipation is eliminated when you know the rock is coming to you and you know what you have to do with it.  KB is a little different.  Not better, but different in the way that he likely has always been utilized this way.  

I heard Rucker mention this. It makes sense. A true RB like Dwill and Stewart stand to gain from working the play out in their mind prior to snap. Yes you always have to adapt but I think that some of the anticipation is eliminated when you know the rock is coming to you and you know what you have to do with it. KB is a little different. Not better, but different in the way that he likely has always been utilized this way.

Barner will be our Sproles.

How is that BS? Every rb needs blocking. We have decent rbs but several things are at play.

1 You have to keep game close or you are passing to catch up

2 You have to have good blocking

3 You have to have a OC that has a good mixture of plays up his sleeve that play to the rbs strengths

Archived