• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thank You Hurney

chknwing

Let's not forget Hurney went full retard giving up a 2nd rd pick to move up and pick Armanti.

Not to mention that same draft we spent the only pick we had in the first two rounds on James Richard Clausen (pickles).

That said, without the god awful lineup that was the 2010 team, we would have never drafted Cam.

So yeah, "thanks" Hurney. I guess.

In Dave Gettleman's second day post draft presser this year, he mentioned that another team had called to offer a second round pick this year in exchange for next year's first.

Gettleman told reporters he didn't even call the guy back, adding "I mean come on, you must be brain dead if you think I'm gonna take a deal like that."

Unknown whether anyone mentioned to him afterward that the prior team administration had taken deals exactly like that on three separate occasions (Jeff Otah, Everette Brown and Armanti Edwards).

Sad to say that it wouldn't surprise me to find out that someone in the front office that made that call had said something like "Hey call the Panthers.  They're suckers for offers like this."

Happily, not anymore.

The problem with the Armanti pick was that we drafted him too high. We probably could have acquired him after the draft. Now I hate to think about who we passed up to get him (perhaps someone else would like to entertain us with that), but suffice it to say that that deal will always epitomize anti-value (if you will).

Jimmy Graham was still on the board..

The problem with the Armanti pick was that we drafted him too high. We probably could have acquired him after the draft. Now I hate to think about who we passed up to get him (perhaps someone else would like to entertain us with that), but suffice it to say that that deal will always epitomize anti-value (if you will).

He was going to be drafted, any draft board you read would say that he was a mid round pick because of his UPSIDE. Hurney said it would take two to three years and it has now been three years and 3 1/2 months since he was drafted. He is now the third reciever so believe it or not, Hurney was correct.

McClain and fua were not his best picks, however hardy and Gettis will both still be on the team and be impact players(Gettis will eventually, his upside and dedication will not allow him to be cut)

Remember that dumbass contract he gave Jake Delhomme after Tommy John surgery?  Remember how he flew to Chicago to see Jake's agent and cried in his office the following year when he had to cut him?  Remember when he said that he tried to convince St. Louis to trade down from #33 so he could draft Clausen?  Remember how DeAngelo, Kalil, and Beason laughed when he gave them crazy money?   

Come on.  The man had no plan.  He was an idiot who rode the talent from the 2003 team and drafted safely.  He was terrible in free agency and really only good at drafting RBs and LBs. 

Archived