• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What's the difference in Panthers QB accuracy vs Cleveland's QB's

redbuddha

I never did like Chud's offense because it seemed high risk high reward. When Chud's left I figured Cam's accuracy would go up, instead Weeden's shot thru the roof, he is 18-21 for 229 yards and 3 td's this preseason. Campbell was 14-19 for 143 yards in the last 2 games. I'm not sure we have a qb with over 50% accuracy during this preseason.

Can anybody explain the difference?

I know these are preseason numbers but I'm seeing lots of qb's finishing games with 1 or 2 incompletions. Hell Dennis Dixon was 3/3 in our game and 7/13 in the patriots game.

Would have to watch Weeden....

Clausen and Cam for example can run 20 pod the same plays....Jimmy could have a higher completion percentage. Cam will have more yards bc he won't look at checks downs and want those to be his primary throws.

So my question is what is Weeden's ypa

Clausen and Cam for example can run 20 pod the same plays....Jimmy could have a higher completion percentage. Cam will have more yards bc he won't look at checks downs and want those to be his primary throws.

Corrected below.

I believe 8.6 the first game and 9.8 the second.

Could you explain further?

Ahh this is what you PMed me about.

Norv Turner is one of the best QB molders in the NFL. He is also an incredible playcaller offensively. Chud was his student, while he was at San Diego. This is I was so down when we didn't get him as an OC

I think some of you mistake not completing a high percentage of lower percentage throws as being unusually inaccurate.

If you are worried about completion percentage we can start throwing a bunch of passes to the flats and quick hitters.

We run a vertical passing offense which is designed for big passing plays downfield that also open up draw plays and especially screen passes for big gains..

Some offenses dink and dunk and draw defenders up then take chances deep and try and get behind defenders

Our offense actually likes to make defenders play deeper and then get screen passes and such underneath with extra blockers.

So it is hard to compare different QB completion percentages without comparing the styles of offense.

And in the preseason with more deep covers and less blitzing this offense, especially in vanilla form, is adherent to a lower completion percentage.

I am not going to worry about the offense or Cam until it is time to worry. That time is not in preseason.

What're the types of passes being thrown? Nick Foles had an insanely high completion percentage against us Thursday, but most of his throws were also screen passes to receivers on the line. It's not like he was throwing 3rd and 20 passes, trying to complete them (which Cam was forced to do).

However, I'm also not saying that Cam is above scrutiny. He's not. At all. Some of his passes look like poo, and that's been throughout his career. Am I worried about it? No, not right now. If we start the regular season 0-2, and we're seeing awful passing, then yes, I'll be worried about.

Plus, as Kurb said, teh Norv Turner.

Guest HelloWorld

We're talking about this because Cam is in his 3rd yr as a pro and through training camp and preseason so far Cam's throwing is poo. Meanwhile I'm watching highlights of guys like Brees and Brady carve up offenses with a surgical knife. That's why.

Brees and Brady are product of their OL. They have great OL so their play will always be consistent. For Cam to do well he has to put his body on the line. So preseason is not the place to do it. By the way, are you sure you don't wanna be CASaintsFan? Nobody will miss you here.

Archived