• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beason in full pads today for 1st time

SCP

Too many chiefs and not enough indians.

I don't want Beason trying to step in and mess up Kuechly's development as a leader.

If he knows his role and is willing to defer to Luke, I welcome him back. If he can't let go, I don't know what to say.

Luke looks up to him.

Be very true....have to give the man some time to knock the rust off and feel confident with his physical recovery. Don't expect to much to soon and let's hope that this bag of skin and bones we all carry around can hold up to the pounding. Good luck to him.

Luke looks up to him.

And you can lead a defense w/o calling the plays. Luke doesn't seem to be the rah rah guy like Beason. Beason has always gotten guys fired up. Luke will come into his own on that but he is just in his second year and needs time to see HOW to lead a defense like Beason does.

Love Beason, but it's very rare that players ever return to form after microfracture. There are some exceptions, off the top of my head I think Frank Gore is one success story. But even looking at just our team - Deshaun Foster, Patrick Jeffers... In basketball it has pretty much ended careers or reauired players to totally change their game - Greg Oden, Amare Stoudamire, Brandon Roy had to retire at like age 27 because of it...

His instincts, leadership, and general presence will no doubt be a positive influence on our team and defense, but the question is whether he can be any bit of the player he was physically before the last two years. The achilles and microfracture injuries are probably the worst injuries to try to come back from in sports.

He sat out today. Hixon is back however and fully plans on playing. This receiver battle is great to watch.

Lol predicted this in the Gettis thread... I guess he decided his spot wasn't such a lock after all. He's not on my favorite list for the time being...

Luke looks up to him.

I hope that quickly turns into "looked up to him". 

I don't want the leader of our defense to look up to anyone.  I understand what you are saying but Luke must think like an alpha and act like an alpha, he can no longer be the wide-eyed rookie but rather a leader of men with ultimate confidence.

I hope Beason has the greatest year any Will has ever had, but not at the expense of Kuechly's development...even 1 iota.

As far as the subject of Beason being back in pads and on the field...if you are not happy about that, then this is not the website for you.

Archived