• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers Cuts Thread...

Zod

refreshing to see dead weight and old hurney experiments trickle off the roster. improving the bottom 3rd of the roster is improving the roster.  somehow i knew horton was going to make it. he was doing everything right.  i liked how steady melvin white was in the run game. folkerts looked great in training camp practice videos FWIW.

my guess at practice squad from this crop of cut players:

roh DE

lester S

shaw WR

walker DT 

maybe mobley T.  

rest will probably come from other cut lists.  really think all of the waived/injured guys will be injury settlement/out of here.  the team is moving on. players like brandon williams and folkerts prove new GM isn't afraid to pick up guys off the street for specific roles.  i think this is an exciting time to watch the roster fill with more skill and production.  fewer "hail mary" roster spots means more consistency week to week IMO.

If Captain is as good as you think we should easily be able to trade him for someone better than Bell.

They obviously trust the young guys or they wouldn't have cut Florence.

I am dumbfounded at how flippantly people say things like this. Yeah, let's just turn on the cheat mode in Madden, than the CPU will give anyone for Munnerlyn. . .

I have a question...why would you put someone who is a fa after this year on ir for a hamstring?

You can't cut an injured player. He has to go on waived/injured. If he clears waivers the Panthers will likely reach injury settlement and cut.

I am dumbfounded at how flippantly people say things like this. Yeah, let's just turn on the cheat mode in Madden, than the CPU will give anyone for Munnerlyn. . .

It's not turning on Madden.

Byron Bell is not good. There is a backup tackle on someone's roster better than Bell. Munnerlyn is expendable at this point. He also could be helpful to a team in need of secondary help. I view a trade of this nature something similar to the Goodson for Campbell but hopefully with better results this time.

It's highly unlikely but was just a thought as I don't think we need 6 corners and he probably has the most trade clue aside from Norman who I would like to keep.

Brandon Williams made the roster, it seemed like they toned down using him a as REC TE.  Maybe they wanted to work on his blocking, IDK.  But I have high hopes for him as a pass catching TE......

His blocking was by far the worst part of his game, so they probably decided to use as many live game snaps as possible to give him practice at it.

• Pie 1