• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Twerking is spreading like wild fire.

DC Amp

Everybody wants their 15 minutes, even if those minutes are spent being mocked and ridiculed as a total idiot.

Maybe I don't get it because I just don't give a rip about being famous or well known.

The video also has over 6 million views... not sure what the going rate is for a YouTube vid, but I bet 6 million views is worth something and I bet that it played at least a small part in the decision.

The video also has over 6 million views... not sure what the going rate is for a YouTube vid, but I bet 6 million views is worth something and I bet that it played at least a small part in the decision.

And perhaps to her that means "Six million people are watching me!"

To me, it would mean "Six million people now think I'm a complete dumbass."

You know the trend I really don't get?

"Hey, I just filmed myself doing something utterly stupid and looking like a dumbass...LET'S PUT IT ON YOUTUBE FOR THE WORLD TO SEE!"

That trend :unsure:

Because people are essentially money grubbing whores and think that if they can get enough views they can retire.

This list is a few months old but people think that they too can be one of the lucky ones.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/celebrity/the-25-highest-earning-youtube-stars/

Okay, again having to preface this with the fact I am 57 years old with no kids....

... I had to Google "twerking" when the whole Miley Cyrus thing occurred. Some 35-40 years ago when I was a youngster in the Navy and frequenting the local topless joints that typically surrounded the bases, the girls who worked those joints were doing the same thing. We simply called it shakin' that ass.

Maybe it would be more worth watching if it were an attractive young lady, not Miley Ray Cyrus, not some woman in a WalMart and not some skank in her Mom's living room.

Archived