• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fixing the Panthers Offense in 4 Easy Steps

Zod

I don't know, have they had consecutive losing seasons the last couple years and worries in the preseason about scoring points?

I dont know have they had consecutive winning seasons the last couple of years?

exactly. what they do works. what we do we have to find excuses for and reasons to believe "it's just not that bad".

win or get someone who can.

What they did was have Wilson scramble for his life and throw hail marry passes. Did it work Yes, but only because we shot ourselves in the foot. Not because there offense was better.

I dont know have they had consecutive winning seasons the last couple of years?

are you seriously arguing this?  they were a playoff team last year.

come the fug on.

the reason people are pissed about this game is it was like watching last year all over again, but with what felt like even more conservative playcalling.

The reality is Cam wasn't the Cam of old who threw the ball often to the wrong team. He was the one that was conservative not Shula. He said so himself. Secondly on third and short most any football guy will tell you that you don't go around the end where lots of problems occur if the ends are crashing in. You keep it simple and go off tackle.

As for speeding up the game it cuts both ways. If your defense is gassed and you go into hurry up you better get several frst downs otherwise you put the defense back out there with no rest . Or you do what we did which was slow down the callplaying to give your defense time to recover. I don't think we were confident we were playing well enough to use the hurry up and not cause problems for the defense.

one way to fix it is having all our WRs healthy 

Domenik Hixon ‘felt good,’ but Panthers coaches left him inactive

Wide receiver Domenik Hixon said he felt ready to go Sunday before he was placed on the inactive list by Panthers coaches.

“I felt good, but decisions are not for me to make,” Hixon said Monday. “I went out and ran and it kept on feeling better and better. I felt like I was ready.”

Hixon has been battling a hamstring injury for more than a month. It’s an injury that allowed him to play just once in the preseason after Carolina brought him in this offseason with the hope he would become the team’s No.3 wideout.

Sunday against Seattle, Carolina had just four active wide receivers, and Steve Smith and Ted Ginn Jr. were the only receivers officially targeted. Brandon LaFell had two passes come his way on plays that were negated by penalties.

Armanti Edwards played just one snap – a designed quarterback draw. Coach Ron Rivera said Edwards could have been used in an emergency, but with Edwards also coming off a hamstring strain, the team wanted to be careful.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/09/09/4300765/domenik-hixon-felt-good-but-panthers.html#.Ui6R5jBBmRw

are you seriously arguing this? they were a playoff team last year.

come the fug on.

the reason people are pissed about this game is it was like watching last year all over again, but with what felt like even more conservative playcalling.

And they were a 7-9 team before that. How about giving this team a few more weeks until you throw the towel in.

As usual good post.  I never understood why we didn't go deep with Ginn or Smitty.  For god sakes if you don't get those safeties thinking it is a possibility they are going to cheat up and take everything away.  Ginn says Cam can't over throw him.  Give it a shot.  Isn't that what we got him for? To take the top off the defense?

And they were a 7-9 team before that. How about giving this team a few more weeks until you throw the towel in.

Please.  Carroll has been an HC for four years before this and has two playoff appearances.  We have seen nothing to suggest that Rivera is capable of that, so I think you are being a bit silly by trying to make comparisons between how the two fanbases should feel about their coaches.

I'm not throwing in the towel but I'm sick of what seems like complacency and acceptance of losses to "good teams" by our coaches.  I hope it is not htat way in private.

Obviously unless something catastrophic happens we are stuck with Shula for this year, and I don't think we will be implementing a new offensive system.

However our offense is going to struggle this season under Shula. Just like every other offense Shula has ever coordinated. We need to make some whole sale changes this off season and let Gettlemen hire his guys.

Rivera is a lame duck coach, and Shula was a stop gap hire to get us through the season.

So much fail in this post. shula did a good job calling plays. If anything Cam was conservative not Shula. Second Rivera is under contract through 2014 so he cant be a lame duck coach. He picked Shula for continuity and he got that. Newton played well albeit conservatively. We didn't want interceptions thinking it would be low scoring. Problem was no one exspected turnovers in the run game. Williams who rarely fumbles did so twice. Special teams also killed us. Mistakes cost us this game not Shula or Rivera. Anyone could plainly see that.

Please. Carroll has been an HC for four years before this and has two playoff appearances. We have seen nothing to suggest that Rivera is capable of that, so I think you are being a bit silly by trying to make comparisons between how the two fanbases should feel about their coaches.

I'm not throwing in the towel but I'm sick of what seems like complacency and acceptance of losses to "good teams" by our coaches. I hope it is not htat way in private.

So your blaming Rivera for having a 7-9 season with a defunct GM and a hard DIV yet your praising Carroll for it because he played in one of the worst DIV in football...