• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fixing the Panthers Offense in 4 Easy Steps

Zod

So your blaming Rivera for having a 7-9 season with a defunct GM and a hard DIV yet your praising Carroll for it because he played in one of the worst DIV in football...

You act like Rivera made the playoffs his first year, like Carroll, or has shown an ability to win games when it matters.  I'm not saying fire him now, which you'd get if you read my posts.  I'm saying I'm tired of the seeming lack of intensity and fire.

Carroll appears to be a better coach than Rivera to this point, which isn't entirely surprising.  But Rivera hasn't shown he is a good coach at all, and I think after two losing seasons and the beginning of the season *looking* the same as last year it's pretty easy to understand why people are frustrated.

I wasn't advocating firing Rivera, but I wish I could see more of a spark out of him.

Offense and coaching are less of an issue than dumb plays (turnovers and penalties).

Offense IMO showed promise. Cam was efficient. Showed patience he often lacks. Williams ran well despite very average run blocking. Once Seattle isn't lined up across from us the deep ball returns.

I feel fine with our O as of now. Feel fine with everything on D outside of CB. I'd like some tweaks but it is what is in terms of players.

RR had made mistakes....but people now blame him for too much.

I can best explain what I believe the Panthers offense was doing in boxing terms. Keep moving and throw lots of short jabs. Protect yourself from a devastating blow. Don't wind up for a knockout punch, it may backfire. Let the match play out and hope you kept it close enough for a judges decision.

Modern day mma equivalent:  Rashad Evans

ughh I despise Rashad Evans.

If the avatarand picture are indicative of your skills sets stick to food. Food you know. Football not so much.

Oh, ok. We have great depth at OL, there are tons of great receiving weapons, we draft great receiver's and linemen, and ron rivera and mike shula are dynamic coaches.

Youre right, I know nothing.

seas-sarcastic-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d

Oh, ok. We have great depth at OL, there are tons of great receiving weapons, we draft great receiver's and linemen, and ron rivera and mike shula are dynamic coaches.

Youre right, I know nothing.

seas-sarcastic-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d

If anything you posted above was even a point of discussion then you might have something but it isn't.  Why not stick to what people are saying rather than making things up so you can right about something and posting juvenile pictures about what you either do or hope to do.

And if that is your level of conversation, then you are still right, you know nothing.

If anything you posted above was even a point of discussion then you might have something but it isn't. Why not stick to what people are saying rather than making things up so you can right about something and posting juvenile pictures about what you either do or hope to do.

And if that is your level of conversation, then you are still right, you know nothing.

I think everything I posted is valid. We haven't addressed areas of need for a long time. None more so than OL, receiver, and coach/oc. I thought that was obvious in my post, but I guess you need me to spell it out for you.

And come on, if you don't like juvenile pictures, the terrorists win.

You act like Rivera made the playoffs his first year, like Carroll, or has shown an ability to win games when it matters. I'm not saying fire him now, which you'd get if you read my posts. I'm saying I'm tired of the seeming lack of intensity and fire.

Carroll appears to be a better coach than Rivera to this point, which isn't entirely surprising. But Rivera hasn't shown he is a good coach at all, and I think after two losing seasons and the beginning of the season *looking* the same as last year it's pretty easy to understand why people are frustrated.

I wasn't advocating firing Rivera, but I wish I could see more of a spark out of him.

What I'm pointing out is Carroll has more experience than Rivera, in a easy DIV, and started with a better team. I understand the frustration with him, we are use to having 7-9 be a bad season for us but we had a terrible team when he started and limited cap space because of Hurney. We will see after a few weeks if he can put a playoff team together. Still remember this unit is a improved 6-10 team right now under a Real GM.

Being from Alabama and witnessing what Shula did there... We used to make jokes about how head-scratchingly predictable that Shula was. When I heard that he was taking over as Carolina's OC, I felt bad for Newton. Maybe he will finally start breaking his tendencies... thought that seems very unlikely. 

What I'm pointing out is Carroll has more experience than Rivera, in a easy DIV, and started with a better team. I understand the frustration with him, we are use to having 7-9 be a bad season for us but we had a terrible team when he started and limited cap space because of Hurney. We will see after a few weeks if he can put a playoff team together. Still remember this unit is a improved 6-10 team right now under a Real GM.

I agree with most of what you are saying.  I'm not saying fire Rivera OR Shula, I'm just concerned.