• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

shula responds to criticism

nosuchthingasapanther

Shula stole all my lines  ;)

Oh and he is spot on too.  After studying the game further I am very comfortable with what we did Sunday despite the 7 points.

I feel good.  I hope they tweak some stuff, but I am encouraged.

Pass that stuff over here. ;)

Know what one of the advantages of having a stout defense is?

Taking some calculated risks on offense hoping for the big payoff (which happens more often then you think on well-coached teams with quality players) KNOWING that if your coin flip comes up tails that you have a good opportunity recovering from that failed chance BECAUSE YOUR DEFENSE CAN STOP THEM.

Which, you may have noticed, they were *doing* more often than not against Seattle.

30 yard line man unless we make them turn the ball over that's a plus 3 points at the least and yup we just lost the lead.

I know we did not score points, but your defense is stuffing them and you're averaging 5 yards a carry on the ground.  Shula did what he should have done.  Olsen dropped 2 passes, DWIll's fumble. Cam not seeing open WRs down field, Lafell's invisibility--- etc.  That is why the team did not score.

All that in only 7 possessions with no field position.

If we had 12 possessions we may have score 14-17 points but it wouldn't mean we played any better/worse

I know we did not score points, but your defense is stuffing them and you're averaging 5 yards a carry on the ground.  Shula did what he should have done.  Olsen dropped 2 passes, DWIll's fumble. Cam not seeing open WRs down field, Lafell's invisibility--- etc.  That is why the team did not score.

even with chud calling the plays, cam's been criticised for staring down smith and olsen and missing open recievers.

why is shula the issue when newton is still doing the same thing?

Was the ball on our 30?  I recalled that it was more like around the 45 or 50.  

I realize that it's a big game of chess, but I think we can pick up 4th an inches.

Especially when your QB is built like a statue of the thunder god...

GO back and count the number of drives we extended of theirs with penalties.  *** for tat.

Don't bother. u can't teach the stupid.

We muff a punt and give Seattle points, we extend 2 drives with terrible penalties, and have 3 other bonehead fouls = "ok"

We get a call in our favor= "OMG WE ARE SO LUCKY!!!!! SHOULDNT HAVE HAPPENED!!"

they say how lucky we are to have that 1 drive extended due to a penalty but have nothing to say about the 4 drives that we're complete gimmies and we poo the bed

Carolina huddle logic:

-We have one of the best teams in the NFL on the ropes. And are only 9 yards away from winning the game (actually 7 by the time DWill was tackled), and fumble it away

........... "OMG GUYZZZ OUR GAMEPLAN SUXX! FIRE DIS CLOWN!"

But just because you have a system that does that doesn’t mean you have to force the ball down the field,” Shula said Monday.

lol this guy has not learned anything. He has already had his own coach call him out for the exact same crap he was ran out of town for in two other places and he's still all "Well I mean you know you guys need to accept we shouldn't be doing it that way"

Archived