• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone else want to lose to the Giants?

Dash Global

If it means Rivera is gone at the bye, then yes, I don't mind us losing.  While I was watching the Bills game, I was bored stiff with this offense.  Late in the third quarter, I could care less if we won or lost that game to be honest.  That's why when the Bills marched down the field and scored that touchdown, like everyone knew they would, I wasn't angry at all.  Why?  Because our offense is so inept, that even if we won the Bills game, we still ain't making the playoffs with this schedule and sorry offense.  So, who cares.

I can't believe there are 'fans' that actually want their team to lose.  These aren't real fans.

Did the Red Sox have fans in their decades long quest for a title?  They didn't have namby pamby spineless fair weather complainers as fans. 

Honestly, if you don't want to root for a team, why even bother watching football.  It's easy to be a fan if you are in the playoffs every year.

Check out the record of the home football team I rooted for from grade school thru high school:

4-8

8-4

3-10

4-10

4-10

2-12

6-8

3-11

5-9

7-7

3-11

That's the New England Patriots record for 11 years.

And speaking of crappy coaches, boy were the fans happy to get rid of that poor excuse of a coach, Pete Carroll, after losing a playoff game to the Jacksonville Jaguars in 98.

Fair weather fans disgust me.  Crawl back under a rock and root for the super bowl winner every year.

Dash just go jump off a bridge but please leave your jersey behind. I'm sorry I could care less what kind of so called logic you have in that brain of yours but damn if I wanna stand beside such a fair weather fan on Sunday... please leave your jersey for someone that deserves to wear it.

Quite the fan some of you are.  Keep in mind the Giants fans wanted Coughlin fired when they started 0-2 on their first recent super bowl run.  Idiots.  And so are some of ya'll.  Is Rivera as good of a coach as Coughlin?  No.  But try to use a little perspective here and realize that the season is not lost as much as some of you hope it is.  I feel wanting your team to lose any game is reprehensible...but thats just me.

TBH, I figured we would be 8-8 give or take 1.

I had us losing to Hawks and beating Bils.

I also had us losing to Giants and then beating ARZ, RAMS, VIkes and Bucs.

Losing our whole Secondary has me thinking we will do worse...... Even though those guys pretty much suck anyways, IDK what to expect, but whatever the outcome, I will be cheering for our squad.

Indeed....  I'll be cheering (even though I will be sitting in one of the nicest concert halls in Europe at that point - Concertgebouw Amsterdam).

Would Sam Mills ever want us to lose a game ??  Yeah, I dont think so either... KEEP POUNDING !!!

I tell you what Dash, come to BofA stadium on Sunday and sit in the stands. Sit there next to me while Giant fans boo our Panthers and disrespect our home. Sit there and watch our team come out of that tunnel ready to fight to win the game. Do that and then tell me if you still hope to lose.

I don't give a poo who the coach is, who the QB is, or who the owner is. Playing to win is what matters.

It's a hard call.

After all of Rivera's monumental failures and flops in clutch moments, it is painfully obvious he should not now, nor ever again, be a head coach in the NFL. So what does that leave us with as fans?

Do you pull for us to win each week? Get your hopes up week in and week out, while keeping track of the standings after each loss, just hoping we'll squeak into contention for a playoff spot somehow... And with each week, they push the knife a little deeper until there is no hope left.

The truth is, we know he shouldn't be a HC. So what happens if somehow the players tune him out and start winning on their own and we somehow make the playoffs (which is already statistically about a 12% chance, lol)? Are you saying you'd take one playoff appearance in exchange for a possible extension for Rivera, so we're stuck with him for even longer? No thanks.

I won't ever pull for us to lose, but I just feel apathetic at this point. I watch and hope for us to win, but until Rivera is gone, I fully expect us to lose every week and am pleasantly surprised if we win.

I tell you what Dash, come to BofA stadium on Sunday and sit in the stands. Sit there while Giant fans boo our Panthers and disrespect our home. Sit there and watch our team come out of that tunnel ready to fight to win the game. Do that and then tell me if you still hope to lose.

I don't give a poo who the coach is, who the QB is, or who the owner is. Playing to win is what matters.

This. I want them to win every game every season. 

It's a hard call.

After all of Rivera's monumental failures and flops in clutch moments, it is painfully obvious he should not now, nor ever again, be a head coach in the NFL. So what does that leave us with as fans?

Do you pull for us to win each week? Get your hopes up week in and week out, while keeping track of the standings after each loss, just hoping we'll squeak into contention for a playoff spot somehow... And with each week, they push the knife a little deeper until there is no hope left.

The truth is, we know he shouldn't be a HC. So what happens if somehow the players tune him out and start winning on their own and we somehow make the playoffs (which is already statistically about a 12% chance, lol)? Are you saying you'd take one playoff appearance in exchange for a possible extension for Rivera, so we're stuck with him for even longer? No thanks.

I won't ever pull for us to lose, but I just feel apathetic at this point. I watch and hope for us to win, but until Rivera is gone, I fully expect us to lose every week and am pleasantly surprised if we win.

Well if he starts winning every game then wouldn't that prove he's learned?

Archived