• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hey Panther "fans", suck it up you bunch of soft wannabe's

SCP

I agree. Its like going to your favorite place to eat but now the food sucks, service is terrible, prices are higher, and you got E. Coli. Now many of you would plop right back down next Sunday for another bought of diarrhea and vomiting but some of us say Hell No.

very cute and commonly used analogy.  Close....but comparing getting sick from a restaurant to being the fan of a sports team is the same.  

i'd go to more games if i wasn't simultaneously working nonstop, in school, juggling a kid, and perpetually broke as hell. until then jerry can reap the benefits of my television viewership that drives ratings and thus advertisement and thus profits. until i can afford PSLs the panthers will have to make do with my twice-annual sojourns to BOA to yell on all three downs, tell the moms behind me asking me to sit down that it's a football game and not a pancake social, and instruct the stupid lady in the keyshawn johnson jersey five rows below me to stop turning around doing the arm-lift to raise up fans and get them to make noise that we're on fuging offense and you're making a complete idiot of yourself while convincing yourself that our fanbase is the worst in the league because you're the only one standing up.

go panthers

I agree. Its like going to your favorite place to eat but now the food sucks, service is terrible, prices are higher, and you got E. Coli. Now many of you would plop right back down next Sunday for another bought of diarrhea and vomiting but some of us say Hell No.

And that is 100% your right to do if you choose.

Personally, I don't mind a little diarrhea and E. Coli every now and then.

I've come to the realization that the problem is not that we have awful fans that fill the stadium, the problem correlates directly back to Jerry's way of getting a team here:  i.e. the PSL.

Large number of PSL's were purchased by businesses who just give thier tickets out to clients and employees.  These employees are likely fans of other teams first and as a result create the ultimate bandwagon situation.  This explains why, when the panthers are good, there are panther fans everywhere; but when they are bad, there are opposing jerseys everywhere and fans bashing the team at every turn.

I've realized and accepted that i'm going to be sitting beside different people every week, most of which couldn't name anyone on the opposing team rather than the QB.  I've also realized that my efforts to get people to stand and cheer are in vain, as these people have no idea how to act as fans, due to the PSL structure.  The PSL prevents the same group of fans going through each game experience together.  Rather, it promotes a small group of us who live and die with the team and stand and cheer at all intervals and a large group of people who are just there to take advantage of a nice day and a free ticket.

Unfortunately, the way we are set up, this will never change.  At least until, our fan base grows exponentially and panther fans begin buying PSL's for thier own enjoyment, rather than thier business agenda.

i know but it affects me. and i'm not quitting i'm still gonna root this team on and watch them.

this probably affects you since you own a panthers bar.

I'm saying if I decide to boycott the game then it's harming me more because, just as the OP said, I love everything about football Sundays.  They're my favorite 16 days of the year - no question - whether we win or lose.  If I boycott then I'm just missing out.  JR will never know or feel it because there will always be someone else there from another team to sit in my seats.  

I don't know what to say really. 44 Hours until the biggest battle of our fan bases existence and it all comes down to Sunday.

Either we heal as a fan base or were gonna crumble like a scratch made biscuit from Bo jangles.

1st down to 4th down we need to cheer on defense.

We're in hell right now, gentlemen believe me and we can stay here and watch the Giants and their douchebag fans kick the poo out of us or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb out of this hell one cheer at a time.

Now I can't do it for all of you. I have made every mistake a huddler can make. I supported Hurney, I was ecstatic about the Clausen pick and I bought psls right before this season. Lately I can't even stand the face of Rivera on the field.

You know when your a panther fan, things get taken from you. That's part of life. But you only learn that when you start losing every year. You find out that life is just a game of inches. So is being a football fan. Because in either game if your too slow or too fast. etc. you can climax too early. The inches we need are all around us. In every section, every row, every seat.

This fanbase can grow that inch by standing erect in your seats. This fanbase can tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for those extra inches by demanding elbow room from those sorryass Giant fans sitting next to us. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's going to make the difference between  WINNING AND LOSING. LIVING AND DYING!

I'll tell you in any stadium its the guy willing to die who is going to win that inch. I know that If I am to not let Rivera suck the life out of me anymore its going to be because I am still willing to fight and die for that inch. Because that's what being a football fan is.

Now I can't make you do it. You have to look to the fan next to you and look in his eyes. Now I think your going to see a fan whos willing to go that inch with you. You are going to see a guy who is willing to sacrifice his voice for this team, because when it comes down to it he knows your going to do the same thing.

That's a fanbase gentleman. Now either we heal  now as a fanbase or we will die as individuals. That's football guys. That's all it is.

Now whattaya gonna do??

scp you posted earlier that you wish you hadn't spent thousands on psl's, remember?

I could have, don't remember. A lot of my posts are made while pooping and sometimes I black out. Buyers remorse is a feeling I can't shake. But I'll be damned if I'm not showing up or giving my tickets away.

Guest Spider Monkey

LOL @ saying the fanbase can't fill the stadium. In '08, when we were actually good, the stadium was jammed packed & literally shaking vs Tampa Bay on primetime.

Maybe people are tired of wasting hard earned money on a shitty team. You don't have to buy a $100 ticket, $150 Jersey, & $10 beer to cheer for the team. Until the franchise gets serious most fans will sell their tickets and watch at home. Start winning and the rowdy crowd will return.

You sound like Big Cat's bitchboy crying over poo.

I'm saying if I decide to boycott the game then it's harming me more because, just as the OP said, I love everything about football Sundays.  They're my favorite 16 days of the year - no question - whether we win or lose.  If I boycott then I'm just missing out.  JR will never know or feel it because there will always be someone else there from another team to sit in my seats.  

that's fine. But i know this; in these tough economic times who wants to waste their hard earned money on an inferior product, when the money is going to an owner that doesnt seem to give a poo.

I'll always love the panthers, i'll watch every sunday and root them and probably die from a heart attack early because of it. But i'm not buying anything panthers related or spending hundreds of dollars on going to a game (frankly i can only afford a couple a year) until i see that this organization wants to win and as Cam says, puts a "quality product on the field."

i dont mean to slight anybody who is using their hard earned money to watch us lose. more power to you. maybe you have the money for it, i don't.

And that is 100% your right to do if you choose.

Personally, I don't mind a little diarrhea and E. Coli every now and then.

lmao...do you work at the county fair? Someone dun went and got turd juice on my smoked turkey leg and funnel cake....sum bitches. 

Side note: do they have sanitary ratings at the fair where food is served?

LOL @ saying the fanbase can't fill the stadium. In '08, when we were actually good, the stadium was jammed packed & literally shaking vs Tampa Bay on primetime.

Maybe people are tired of wasting hard earned money on a shitty team. You don't have to buy a $100 ticket, $150 Jersey, & $10 beer to cheer for the team. Until the franchise gets serious most fans will sell their tickets and watch at home. Start winning and the rowdy crowd will return.

You sound like Big Cat's bitchboy crying over poo.

There are like 5 games in our 18 year history where the stadium was packed and rocking.

And I don't cry.

Archived