• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anyone think we'll see a chicago like situation next season?

Bozarden

I could see us having a situation remarkably similar to the one going down in Chicago right now next season. New general manager who is giving the old coach a single season to show, what they are worth and ultimately deciding to part with the old coach, and go with their own guy. Going from a defensive oriented coach to an (hopefully in Carolina as well) offensive coach who knows how to get the most out of their quarterbacks. QB's with tremendous arm talent in contract year but haven't quite shown enough to demand a new contract before the end of their current ones. 

This off season the bears supplied Cutler with a whole lot of new weapons on offense and i think Gettleman is going to do the same with Cam. If it doesnt work out (which i find highly unlikely) he will bring his own Qb into a great situation and with a chance to succeed from the get go.

Am i the only one seeing a situation like this playing out next year? 

Ron said going for it on 4th and 1 against the bills would have been a desperation move. He just doesn't get it. We are a desperate team, we were desperate at 0-0. I think we can really open up these discussions after Sunday. We go 0-3 I think he's done. Even if we win we'll need to go on a run.

I could see us having a situation remarkably similar to the one going down in Chicago right now next season. New general manager who is giving the old coach a single season to show, what they are worth and ultimately deciding to part with the old coach, and go with their own guy. Going from a defensive oriented coach to an (hopefully in Carolina as well) offensive coach who knows how to get the most out of their quarterbacks. QB's with tremendous arm talent in contract year but haven't quite shown enough to demand a new contract before the end of their current ones.

This off season the bears supplied Cutler with a whole lot of new weapons on offense and i think Gettleman is going to do the same with Cam. If it doesnt work out (which i find highly unlikely) he will bring his own Qb into a great situation and with a chance to succeed from the get go.

Am i the only one seeing a situation like this playing out next year?

Says you three weeks into the season.

Ron said going for it on 4th and 1 against the bills would have been a desperation move. He just doesn't get it. We are a desperate team, we were desperate at 0-0. I think we can really open up these discussions after Sunday. We go 0-3 I think he's done. Even if we win we'll need to go on a run.

I think he's done already.

you are a idiot and Rivera would have been a complete one if he had gone for it, the thread about that this year was probably the dumbest thing I have read since the guy(I think it was Panthertrain) suggested we trade Cam for a second round pick last year. The more people try and make points like that the only thing I hear is "I don't have a freaking clue what I'm talking about"

It's the truth

Archived