• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How do you feel about the Panthers playing in merry old England?

SIGCHI222

I don't know what your media tells you Americans, but these London games are sold out in seconds after they are announced, people come from all over europe to London to watch the 1 game a year and there is always full house of teams from every fanbase imaginable that get along and love watching the NFL. Thats why it's now been expanded to two games because demand is through the roof.. people over here across the pond LOVE the NFL and the fanbase is extremely dedicated. I agree that the forman is a problem, it should be arranged so that teams play only before a bye-week so there is space to recuperate, but don't you think for a second this continent "doesn't care" about the NFL

No quite the opposite. Having lived in the UK I can tell you there are tons of casual fans. The NFL is seen as a novelty to some but they do enjoy it.

When i was in school there like 20 of the students stayed up until 4:00 am or whatever to watch the Superbowl.

Most was probably pushing it but there are a ton in the UK. I spent a good chunk of the Summer in London and they do know more about the NFL than we do about "Soccer" and Cricket. If you can follow and understand Cricket you can understand the NFL.

They keep trying to force it on the UK but after spending several months in Mexico I was surprised how much they follow the sport. Every newspaper has an NFL section with at about 2 pages of coverage. Put a team in Mexico City and it would thrive and it wouldn't even be in a time zone we don't have. I found Mexico City to be incredible.

Most was probably pushing it but there are a ton in the UK. I spent a good chunk of the Summer in London and they do know more about the NFL than we do about "Soccer" and Cricket. If you can follow and understand Cricket you can understand the NFL.

They keep trying to force it on the UK but after spending several months in Mexico I was surprised how much they follow the sport. Every newspaper has an NFL section with at about 2 pages of coverage. Put a team in Mexico City and it would thrive and it wouldn't even be in a time zone we don't have. I found Mexico City to be incredible.

I've heard it is a great city and not really that dangerous. Mexico City makes much more sense than London. Put it in a divison with Southwest teams and the exposure you get on both sides would be huge.

Speaking of cricket, that is a great game (not the 7 day stuff) and i am surprised there has been an effort to get it televised more over here.

Archived