• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The fuging radio

Gabeking

Root for the Saints? Da fug is Brett smoking? NEVER!

He said it, and his sidekick C. Jemal Horton agreed wholeheartedly.  I want to e-mail, call, go by, something, but then that proves I listened.  Disgusting in every way, but 100% true.  If the Bears and Patriots do win and we have two losses with them at the end of this month, or even if they only have one loss and we still have two at the end of this month with two games to still play against them, what will they say then?  Amazing.

It makes sense that we might be in more of a competition with the Bears for a playoff spot than the Saints. However, I can't pull for any division team to win unless it's a little closer to a real situation that would put the Panthers in the playoffs.

Mac's show isn't the problem at FNZ.  It's the other 20 hours of programing they have.

Chris and Jim are the only people at that station who are not pretending to be something they are not.  It gets downright unlistenable at 1500 hrs.

Mac is a Hack! If you listen to the show you can tell he uses this message board for "his" show ideas. He constantly mentions stuff that was posted here but doesnt ever credit the Huddle!

didn't Luke go back to school?

Hey Luke, the jerk store called...and they are running out of you

That was actually addressed by Mac (radio host) in defense of Cam as well. Then it was brought up that the QB position is the hardest position to learn and get a grasp of and can't be compared to the LB postion and there were some other points made in reference to that which I don't remember.

Although I found the topic relatively meaningless it was interesting to see how polarizing of a topic it was and the only reason it was is because it's Cam. Many people had strong opinions either way and the phone lines lit up. It doesn't matter what it is that Cam does, people will be on one side of the fence or the other and very rarely in between. I guess that is why Cam is one of the most polarizing people in sports today. One thing is for sure though, once the wins start coming the "praise bandwagon" will start to fill up with not only fans but media members as well while the "scrutiny wagon" will become a bit less popular.

It makes sense that we might be in more of a competition with the Bears for a playoff spot than the Saints. However, I can't pull for any division team to win unless it's a little closer to a real situation that would put the Panthers in the playoffs.

Somewhat agree, if this were December, if we were two games back and didn't play the Saints again, maybe, but I disagree that we are in more of a competition with the Bears than the Saints on the sole factor that we actually still play the Saints twice and don't play the Bears.  If we don't at least split with the Saints we don't deserve the playoffs.  We need them to lose games and, especially on the road, that is VERY possible for them!!!  If we sweep them, like last year, then we not only MAKE the playoffs (which is a goal), but have a better chance actually DO SOMETHING in the playoffs with one or more home games (which is another goal). 

Since we do play them twice in December however we just need to stay within two games of them at the start of the month and the division can be ours (yet another goal).  The Saints last 6 games-@Atlanta, @Seattle, Carolina, @St. Louis, @Carolina, Tampa Bay. 

Bottom line, there is no such thing as the Saints "running away with the division" as the loser mentality Brett Jensen stated. 

That was actually addressed by Mac (radio host) in defense of Cam as well. Then it was brought up that the QB position is the hardest position to learn and get a grasp of and can't be compared to the LB postion and there were some other points made in reference to that which I don't remember.

Although I found the topic relatively meaningless it was interesting to see how polarizing of a topic it was and the only reason it was is because it's Cam. Many people had strong opinions either way and the phone lines lit up. It doesn't matter what it is that Cam does, people will be on one side of the fence or the other and very rarely in between. I guess that is why Cam is one of the most polarizing people in sports today. One thing is for sure though, once the wins start coming the "praise bandwagon" will start to fill up with not only fans but media members as well while the "scrutiny wagon" will become a bit less popular.

No doubt.  I mean there is a reason the visor clip article focused on Cam.

Basically since Auburn....you just take Cam + take any stance that is negative = audience.  Gotta realize, the jobs of those talking....it is generating an audience/attention.  Being fair and balanced means nothing in that world

I have an 1 1/2 hour drive into work and listened the whole time. Heath Evans did not "Go off" on Cam Newton going back to school he mearly discussed if he did it at the right time with a new OC and scheme going into place and the hosts are not encouraging the hate especially Chris McClain. He was defending Cam and saying Heath had some valid points but he would never criticize someone for going back to school and kept bringing up the fact that no one can prove him going back to school this summer was detrimental to the team. .

In fact, callers were calling in asking Mac why he was so afraid to criticize Cam. And for what it's worth, Heath has always been a Cam supporter and said he is the best of all the young QB's and could revolutionize the position. Also has said that if Cam was in RG3's offensive system he would far succeed anything RG3 accomplished with it. Heath doesn't always sing praises about Panthers but he is a fan of Cam. Only the overly sensitive Cam supporters would be upset by what he said and as usual only seeing Cam hate without being objective on what is being discussed.

I ive always thought of Evans supporting Cam. I hate transplants

I could see MLB being nearly as a heady position as a QB. They have to be QB of the defense.

I hate Heath Evans but I halfway see his point. Cam runs a very basic offense with a few pre snap reads. I would love to see Cam develop to the point where he can change the play at the line of scrimmage and do other things that confuse defenses. Right now Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL and it has nothing to do with his physical gifts. His mind and leadership are his biggest weapons. He drills his teammates on football every second the CBA allows him to. He works on routes during special teams drills. No time is wasted, he works his tail off.

I don't expect Cam to be Peyton Manning but I do expect him to strive for that. I do expect him to show improvement from one year to the next and even if he falls short of Peyton he will still be a damned good QB. What has Cam improved on since he cam into the NFL? The turnovers have gone down a little, that is admirable. When he feels pressure in the pocket he still tries to run first and often takes a drive killing sack. It feels like most of the improvement people talk about with Cam is his post loss press conferences. Who the fug cares about what he does after a loss? I want to see what he does before a win.

So to sum it up I do worry that Cam isn't developing as a QB. He isn't becoming more accurate or commanding the offense on the field. You could blame the coaches and maybe there is something to that but Cam should have been fighting for a different coordinator if he felt he wasn't getting the help he needed from Shula. Also, don't let one victory get you guys drunk with Cam love, 2 weeks ago this place was a morgue and Cam was a big part of that.

I hate Heath Evans but I halfway see his point. Cam runs a very basic offense with a few pre snap reads. I would love to see Cam develop to the point where he can change the play at the line of scrimmage and do other things that confuse defenses. Right now Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL and it has nothing to do with his physical gifts. His mind and leadership are his biggest weapons. He drills his teammates on football every second the CBA allows him to. He works on routes during special teams drills. No time is wasted, he works his tail off.

I don't expect Cam to be Peyton Manning but I do expect him to strive for that. I do expect him to show improvement from one year to the next and even if he falls short of Peyton he will still be a damned good QB. What has Cam improved on since he cam into the NFL? The turnovers have gone down a little, that is admirable. When he feels pressure in the pocket he still tries to run first and often takes a drive killing sack. It feels like most of the improvement people talk about with Cam is his post loss press conferences. Who the fug cares about what he does after a loss? I want to see what he does before a win.

So to sum it up I do worry that Cam isn't developing as a QB. He isn't becoming more accurate or commanding the offense on the field. You could blame the coaches and maybe there is something to that but Cam should have been fighting for a different coordinator if he felt he wasn't getting the help he needed from Shula. Also, don't let one victory get you guys drunk with Cam love, 2 weeks ago this place was a morgue and Cam was a big part of that.

All this season Cam has been doing more things at the line of scrimmage, he's tried to get on the same page as his receivers when a series doesn't work out. This is ANOTHER tired dead-horse narrative. Go re-watch the Giants game and tell me how many times Cam had changed the play or signaled to his receivers. Get a fuging clue. 

"Why isn't he teh payton mannng hurr durr"- Ignorant fan who has no idea what the fug he's talking about. 

All this season Cam has been doing more things at the line of scrimmage, he's tried to get on the same page as his receivers when a series doesn't work out. This is ANOTHER tired dead-horse narrative. Go re-watch the Giants game and tell me how many times Cam had changed the play or signaled to his receivers. Get a fuging clue. 

"Why isn't he teh payton mannng hurr durr"- Ignorant fan who has no idea what the fug he's talking about. 

Any adult that read my post then yours would have a worse opinion of you. Can you not make a point without the personal attacks? You come off as immature and irrational.

Archived