• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Heart-breaking story involving AP

SgtJoo

My thoughts go out to AD/AP and his family. I have a 2 year old son, and I would not hesitate to kill any bastard who harmed my child. 

Peterson's father has confirmed that it is his son, according to ESPN. I don't know if he will play on Sunday. I know I would not be able to do anything if it was my child. This is something that transcends football, as others have said. We as human beings should be supportive of AD/AP in this scenario, and not be thinking about how many yards he will have if he plays. 

Here is a link to the ESPN article quoting AD/AP's father:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9808039/adrian-peterson-son-injured-father-says

Our source says Adrian was aware he was the father of the child before this week's tragic incident. Previous reports have indicated Adrian only has two children, Adrian Jr. and a daughter named Adeja.

"Why would he be in Sioux Falls, missing practice, if it wasn't his kid?" she said.

Tragically, our source says Adrian's son is not expected to survive his injuries. The plan is to take him off a ventilator this evening and donate his organs.

"Unless God provides some sort of miracle, he's gone," she said.

The child was rushed to the hospital Wednesday evening. Our source says people close to the mother were initially told the child had choked on candy. Only later did it emerge his brain injuries were the result of being violently shaken.

A man the mother had recently started dating, 27-year-old Joseph Patterson, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault and aggravated battery of an infant in connection with the incident.

Very sad.

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/1107/rivera-on-peterson-situation-absolutely-terrible

another good article by newton on this situation

"I will say this," Rivera said. "In my opinion, he couldn't be with a better coach as far as a very spiritual man. Leslie [Frazier] will help him through this situation and this circumstance because of the person Leslie is." 

Rivera and Frazier were teammates on the 1985 Bears Super Bowl team. They have remained close friends through the years. 

But on Sunday, it will be business. Rivera will try to beat his good friend and stop a running back going through a tough personal experience. 

"You have to," Rivera said. "I don’t want to sound callous or anything like that, but you have to. It’s the unfortunate nature of the game."

Yeah, because the game is what really matters here.

Life of a two year old kid hanging in the balance? Meh :rolleyes:

AP is the guy who said HIMSELF he's playing this weekend and he's "ready to roll" he also said to not ask him any questions about the situation. The game is being played no matter what, extremely sad situation. We are playing a game this Sunday.

Archived