• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Heart-breaking story involving AP

SgtJoo

I think I speak for all the Fathers on here.  There is nothing that would make me capable of murder other than someone harming my children.  It makes my blood boil to even read something like this.

what makes it even worse for me was my wife and i spending a couple years where we had teenage girls living with us who  were all victims of abuse and seeing the long term effects....even if the abuse happened when the child was an infant/toddler. 

nothing breaks you heart more and makes you prone to kill someone than that.

Wow. My heart goes out to AP.

What kind of an animal would do such a thing to a toddler. fuged up world we're living in. 

Anyone who even discusses whether he plays on Sunday or not should just log off and STFU

Guest Spider Monkey

The curse of the "black cat" NFL franchise strikes again. Another personal tragedy affecting a member of this weeks opponent.

I still believe if proper gun controls were in place, we beat the Chiefs last season.

This isn't meant to be a troll post and I certainly hope for the best for AP and his fam..

You are an idiot if you truly believe that.

More detail

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20131011/NEWS/310110023/Live-10-30-Update-2-year-old-abuse-case?gcheck=1

The man accused of assaulting a toddler and leaving him in critical condition in a south Sioux Falls apartment has a history of domestic violence.

Joseph Robert Patterson, 27, is charged with aggravated assault and aggravated assault on an infant in Lincoln County for reportedly harming a 2-year-old boy who was in his care.

The child was alone in Patterson’s home at Platinum Valley Apartments, where he’d recently moved with his mother. Patterson called 911 to report a choking on Wednesday evening, but Lt. Blaine Larsen of the Sioux Falls Police Department said it became clear at the hospital that the boy’s injuries were not accidental.

Larsen said the relationship between the mother and Patterson was “fairly new.”

Patterson has a son with another Sioux Falls woman, court records show. Records also show that the mother of his child had asked for protection orders twice, claiming he’d choked and punched her, threatened her with a knife and held her in the bedroom against her will.

The mother chose not to pursue permanent protection orders were ultimately were dropped voluntarily in 2010 and 2011.

In 2012, Patterson was charged with simple assault against the mother, however, and was ordered to undergo family violence training and to stay away from her until completing it.

That child lives with his mother and was not at the Platinum Valley apartment on Wednesday. The mother declined to comment Friday morning.

nother woman applied for a protection order against Patterson in 2004 in Jackson County, where he attended high school.

Patterson is scheduled to appear in court at 11:30 a.m. in Lincoln County.

Patterson called police at 5:43 p.m. Wednesday, reporting the child had choking injuries. The child was taken by ambulance to a local hospital, where he remained in critical condition Thursday night, Larsen said. An examination led doctors to suspect that the boy’s injuries were “consistent with abuse” and not accidental, Larsen said.

The assault on an infant charge involves blows, shaking or causing a child’s head to sustain impact with an object in a manner that causes bleeding or swelling on the brain. The crime is punishable by up to 25 years in prison.

Patterson mentioned during an interview with police that he had a son of his own, Larsen said, but that boy was not in the home at the time.

Police spent much of the day Thursday speaking with people associated with the boy.

“Sometimes, it ends up there was a crime that took place. Sometimes not,” police spokesman Sam Clemens said earlier Thursday, before the arrest was made. “(We’re) just trying to talk to people that are involved. Just trying to figure out what happened — that’s the big part, I guess.”

No one answered the door Thursday afternoon at the apartment unit where police were called. The Lincoln County state’s attorney is handling the case.

This makes me sick. How can anybody in their right mind beat a child? Or a woman? I just don't understand the thinking that goes through these people's heads. 

The game of football should ALWAYS come in second to something like this. Prayers out to AP and his family.

It's long been my philosophy that "Man" is not a description, it's a title.  And as such, it has to be earned.  You don't get to be called " a Man" just because you're over 18 and have male body parts.

One key point to that: Anyone who beats a child or hits a woman?  You might be a male, but you're not a MAN, and you probably never will be.

I have to imagine one of the things that must suck the most about being a police officer is that you have to protect a POS like this guy from people that wanna rip him to pieces, even though deep down you'd probably like to do it yourself.

Gotta be worse for any officer who's a father, especially one with a child around that same age.

Seriously doubt I could do it.

It's long been my philosophy that "Man" is not a description, it's a title.  And as such, it has to be earned.  You don't get to be called " a Man" just because you're over 18 and have male body parts.

One key point to that: Anyone who beats a child or hits a woman?  You might be a male, but you're not a MAN, and you probably never will be.

Absolutely agree on this point. Real men are supposed to protect against violence, not instigate it. I don't even have a child, but this still makes my blood boil.

Archived